Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new PT917 (nine, one, seven) recently and took it to the range to compare to my 92. The gun shoots almost exacly the same, it should the bottom part of the gun is the same. The problem I'm having is the 917 shoots 5 inches low at 7 yards! I can cut a 1 inch hole, but its 5 inches low. The rear site is fixed and the front site will move for windage, but there's not way to lower the front or raise the rear to help with the location. I called Taurus and their answer was to send it in for 8 weeks. Any help would be appreciated. The front is a dove tail connection. Maybe, an aftermarket lower front site might do the trick? Before all teach me how to shoot, my 92 is dead on center. I shot them together going back and forth between the two, I was thinking it might be me.
Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to go ahead and go to my local gunsmith. Once I get my 917 back, I'll take some pictures with my 92. Thanks for the info on the adjustable rear sight.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
How many rounds have you run through it. My PT 92 seemed to shoot about 6, or so inches low (on center), at first. Somewhere at around 400-500 rounds, I noticed that it seemed to be less. By about 600-700 rounds, it seemed to be pretty much on target.
You just need more range time, that's all. (Any excuse to shoot.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts