Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first Taurus -- PT740 with stainless steel slide -- have not put any rounds thru it yet -- will do detailed cleaning and a little "fluff and buff" before running rounds thru it. Feeld great in my hand -- like the weight and balance -- this is my first "big gun caliper". Other than this I have owned several 9mm and .22. Now I have only a Ruger SR22P and the new PT740.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
You have purchased a really great pistol and no doubt will enjoy it. The 740 is a feisty little wench and I love mine.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats! I have her little brother 709 and it's great.
Hang on to her, she barks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 740 is the best carry piece that I've owned yet. You'll love it too I bet.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to chime in on this post.... because I bought a 740 SS about 3:00 today. I can hardly wait to push some rounds through it!

GRT in Mississippi

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats!! You'll love it. Have put over 400 rds thru mine, all different types(have to buy what is available!) of ammo and not a single hiccup! I agree, hang on cause she barks. Nothing unmanageable, just practice ALOT. Mine replaced a finicky P3AT, not much more to carry and its a 40. Enjoy.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Smart move on the clean and buff. Take the striker out and clean it and the channel too. Good youtube vids on how to do it. Basically, 2 small screw drivers. One to push the striker forward (fire position) and the other to lever up the back plate of the slide. it takes some uumph to get it up, just be sure you have moved the striker tube forward to clear. No small parts to fly out and be lost. nice design (except the integral lock :( ).

I have the black version 740. Works well, like it lots. Reliable and accurate.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Just purchased my first Taurus -- PT740 with stainless steel slide -- have not put any rounds thru it yet -- will do detailed cleaning and a little "fluff and buff" before running rounds thru it. Feeld great in my hand -- like the weight and balance -- this is my first "big gun caliper". Other than this I have owned several 9mm and .22. Now I have only a Ruger SR22P and the new PT740.
There is no doubt in my mind but that you will be very pleased with your new Taurus PT740 Slim pistol. Congrats!

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought my 740 about a month ago. Love it. Get ready for the trigger pull, it is a totally different feel. you may hate it or it may confuse you @ first. Good Luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Let me jump in here too! I got my 740 a couple of months ago and have 150 rounds through it with no issues. Great size for every day carry but, gives up nothing in firepower.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have the blued one and love it I can tell you this when you pull that trigger you know you shooting a gun.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I may as well jump on the bandwagon. Great little pistol the 740 be. Have had mine for just over a year and it has performed flawlessly thru several hundred rounds. It is my favorite CCW, although it currently is in rotation with 709 and PT140MP on a monthly basis (gotta spread the love around so none feel neglected - LOL)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had mine since Taurus first introduced the 740..It has never failed me yet.I love it and wouldn't trade it for nothing!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts