Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys i went too the range this afternoon. I took 100 rounds of independence 124gr ball and 25 remington 115 gr jhp.I was firing mostly too check for reliability more so than accuracy. At about 7 too 10 yards the elevation was dead center and the windage was just about 1 or 2 inches left. As i continued too get used too how the pistol shot i was able too put the rest of the ammo pretty much right on point of aim.The fmj ammo had 2 fte on the first 2 mags i fired but i didnt sweat it the gun is brand new!! After the first 2 mags everything else feed fired and ejected flawlessly!! I have too say i'm impressed after beeing a bit worried on how she would preform.I know i need a few hundred more rounds down range before she gets settled in good but shes a keeper i think. also seemed too run better the dirtier it got lol. i did several mags at the end of the session rapid fire recoil was snappy but follow up was fast and groups where tight.:p

·
32,530 Posts
Sounds good and glad theat little beauty is working out for you. Nice going!

Got to ask because wondering minds want to know. Okay, would you believe I want to know?! :)

Did you use a six o'clock hold on the target or right on the bullseye with the sights?

I'm going from the 732 to the 709 for CCW carry now that the temps have gone up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was holding right on the bullseye!! mostly lol shaking hands and old eyes ya know. i was so excited at how well it shot i hurried home to write it up didnt even take a pic. of the shoot n see target with the center pretty well gone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well went back too the range put another 150 rounds thru my 709 good accuracy but had 4 or 5 fte went home cleaned it slipped a round under the extractor seems too be holding the round nicely. gonna try agian later in the week with some diff ammo see how it goes!? kinda dis heartinfg at this point hope wit works itsself out!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Could also be limp wristing it from fatigue..If you want you can try a Hogue Handall Jr grip..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have indeed considered that limp wristing is the problem i fired a couple of mags one handed rapid fire so naturally had a bit tighter grip on her, all went well. and seeing as how the extractor seems to have a good hold on the rounds i placed under it during cleaning and hand cycling seems too be no problem at this point i think its me? and maybe a bit more break in plus i noticed i said another 150 rounds lol i mean 150 rds so far total both trips.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh okay gotcha!!! Just keep shooting away brotha! It just gets better from here on! I'm gonna grab some "Canned Heat" from Georgia Arms to help with ammo cost..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like georgia arms ammo too. right now i have a toon of it in .45 about 100 rds in 9mm but that belongs too the wife lol!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ya know i figure for 135.00 for 500rds that's a pretty good deal and it gives the wife and i a nice day trip to go pickup in person..Still haven't decided if i'm going to pickup 165gr or 180gr. I've been running nothing but 165gr thru my 740,but i wanna give 180gr a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts