Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped into my local Pawn and Gun shop this morning. I had no idea that this type of shop held Black Friday Sales. The place was packed.

The owner had been after me to bring in my "excess .22 ammo" for some weeks. Wednesday, I got to cleaning up the house, and basement ammo area. In the end, I had six bricks that weren't part of complete cases. Three were Remington ( Two Thunderbolt, one Golden Bullet) Two were Winchester High Speed, and one was Federal Red Box. All had been purchased in the early 2000s from Big Box Store sales.

Spoke to the owner, and we went out to "negotiate". I told him that, if I took the deal, it would be for "store credit". I also mentioned that I wanted to look at the PT638 that they were selling as a Black Friday Special. Hos question, knowing about ny collection, was "why do you want one?" I told him "because I don't have one". His answer was "you do know."

The ammunition cost me about $90.00 when I bought it. The gun was On Sale for $199.00 or the cost of the six bricks of ammo. I couldn't pass it up. Just finished filliong out the Warranty and dropped it in the mail.

The gun came with two mags, and has already been examined and cleaned and lubed. I simply have a soft spot or one-off guns. Not everyone has a 15+1 .380 ACP, but I do, now.

As for spares, I will pick up another pair as they become available. NO big deal for a range gun. It will join my Beretta 84s, ATI2000s, the Pt58s and PT58 Plus HCs. :);)

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Congratulations on you new purchase.

As my late grandmother used to say, "use it in good health"

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,632 Posts
I have one. I love it. Cheap to reload. Brass seems to get more plentiful everyday. If I ran into one for $199 I'd buy another.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trigger is brand new. I lubed it up after a thorough cleaning, and would put it at about 4#, with a tiny bit of grit in the take-up. It's already smoother with the clean and lube, and a little bit of dry-firing. If the weather holds, I'm going to try to get to the range tomorrow or Sunday.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While I still like my 1911 guns, the little PT638 Pro has become a fun plinker. Especially when others are along for a little relaxation. The sights were dead-on at 15 yards, and the gun has run about 500 rounds through it without a single issue. "It's so ugly it's cute" is a comment I hear from the distaff side. It's fun enough that it's putting a serious dent in my supply of 9x17.:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just picked up 1 NIB w/ 2 mags as well... paid 247 shipped. Happen to know of where I can locate additional magazines?Thanks
CJ

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't found any in months. I have several shops looking for them. If I find a source, I will PM you.

·
Super Moderator
17,632 Posts
I got some just back ordering them from Midway. Just wait it out. Usually if Midway allows back orders they will get them. You might wait a couple of months. When they get them the back orders get filled first and often there's so few left that even with an email notification you won't get to it quick enough because everybody and their dog sets up an email notification.

Taurus Mag Taurus 638 380 ACP 15-Round Steel Blue

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Congrats!! Sounds like a very cool pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts