Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a PT25 2 days ago and it's nickel. The right side of the slide has what appears to be a QR code laser etched next the ser #. I'd say the code is approx. 3/32" X 3/32" square. It looks like a smudge to my old eyes, but under a magnifying glass it's a perfect QR code. I'm guessing it represents the ser #. I've never seen anything like this before.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
My boss was asking about whether or nit guns have these or not. Now I can tell him yes

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
He is our engineer so sometimes you don't want to ask why he wants to know something unless you have a lot of time on your hands. All I know is he was thinking about using them to put on our hydraulic power units we build

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
What does "QR" stand for? I hope it's not "Quality Return." I'm just asking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"QR" stands for Quick Response. It's those odd looking square codes on a lot of stuff now.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally developed by Toyota Motor Corporation, I believe, to track inventory and parts to support "just in time" type manufacturing

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Do you have a QR reader app on your phone? Try reading it and see what pops up.
Of course, it might be way too small, and only works with in-house readers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have a QR reader app on your phone? Try reading it and see what pops up.
Of course, it might be way too small, and only works with in-house readers.
My phone is too old to support the app (checked already) , and the code on the gun is pretty small.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My most recently purchased PT25 has the QR code as well. Too small to scan it with my phone so I figured it was used in production.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't have a QR code on my pt25, even though I bought it new, I think it may have been sitting around for a long time. Mine is nickel as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was gonna take a pic and transfer it to the pc. Then blow it up and try to scan it. But my phone is too old to use the scan app. Using a magnifying glass the code block on the gun is very clear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts