Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said hello sort of in the other thread but figured I'd do it here as well since it's the intro thread.

First time firearm owner and I am happy with my purchase honestly. Too many of my friends said not to get a taurus 1911, but honestly from reading everything on here and on the other 1911 forum it really seemed like a good bang for your buck, plus I didn't want to spend $1500 on a 1911 just starting out and learning on it. Only thing I have done to it for minor looks is polished the barrel. And polished the feedramp.

My friend got a kimber and we went shooting last night. He was going to get a pt1911 but said he read that it would not take hollow points. Last night I shot FMJ, steel cases, 230grain, 185grain and then some hollow points. It shot everything fine. Overall I am extremely happy! I love this gun so far. I love how it's not plain jane like a glock..lol Can't wait to learn more and play around with it. Wish I would have gotten a firearm sooner honestly. Oh well, never too late and I already know I am wanting to get more! It's funny too after he shot the gun I think he realized that spending the extra money for it wasn't necessarly worth it? Who knows, I did like his finish on his though, it was very smooth, gloss like!

Here are a couple pictures:

Overall we'll see how it shoot tonight, i'm super excited!

Then changed grips:

Never field stripped a 1911 ever, not bad I guess... it was actually pretty easy, just make sure the spring doesn't hit your face..lol

Crappy picture of the polished feed ramp:

I'll post better ones after I clean it from last nights gun range outing... I can't get over how dirty gun powder can be/get in spots...

Glad I joined the family!

-Nigel

·
Registered
74 Posts
What an Excellent purchase for number 1!!! Almost like getting a Caddy for your first car!

I really like those grips. Been wanting to get a pair like that for my PT1911.

You're going to love shooting that lady. I do my most precise shooting with mine.

Congrats!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Super Moderator
35,529 Posts
Hello again! I have a dent in my family room ceiling from an errant spring....don't tell my wife.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome aboard. I agree that you'll love your 1911. I've had mine about a month now and already want another :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Welcome from Rhode Island to the most informative and friendly gun site on the web. Congrats on your new PT1911. I just got mine and the first 150 rounds have made me a believer. What a gun! :guns:

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
Welcome from West Georgia. I think you are gonna love the Pachmayr grips.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins.. and great pics, too

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A big Mississippi welcome to you and congrats on your new PT1911!

Whether you’re seeking info on Taurus pistols and revolvers, reloading tips, concealed carry suggestions, or general handgun safety, cleaning, and handling, you‘ll find it all right here at TaurusArmed.net.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yo Nigel, hello from Reading, Pennsylvania. Good pick for your first gun. Seems to me you've got a handle on everything. It's a common opinion that the 1911 platform is a little too complicated for the first time pistol owner. Like everything else, it depends on a lot of factors. My very first semi-auto was an Interarms Silver Cup 1911 and it and I got along just fine. Just be sure to watch out for the dreaded "Idiot Scratch".

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts