Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range with some friends with my 24/7 and new AR to get a feel for it. My wife calls and asks where I am and says she'll be there shortly. A few minutes later, she walks up with a black plastic case in her hand and kinda tosses it to me. I ask her what it is and she says "Happy early Birthday"
So I tear it open like a kid on Christmas and this is what I find

Unfortunately, none of the guys I was shooting with had any 9mm rounds left so I didn't get a chance to shoot it as it was almost closing time at the range. So far, I LOVE it. It fits my hand perfectly, the slide racks nice and smooth, and I didn't have to pay for it :D I'm hoping to get back this Friday to get some range time with it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats, bless the little ladies heart. I wished my wife got me a 1911 for my birthday, instead I got a watch this weekend for my birthday and I haven't worn a watch in fifteen year. Happy birthday, enjoy your present.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very nice. I just got the same gun a week ago. Love it so far. You just cant beat a wife the gives a surprise birthday present of a gun! My wife says that my gun an early valentine present. lol Nothing says love like a new gun!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing says love like a new gun!
Couldn't have said it better myself. She's definitely a keeper. Just gotta get a couple more mags and maybe some new grips and I'll be good to go

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on having a wonderful wife, and a new PT1911...it just doesn't get any better than that!

Reactions: gberghane

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Congratulations on the new pistol. Wow, a wife that bought you a new gun....you must not have been married too very long. I told my wonderful Spouse of 30 years yesterday that I just ordered her a Roomba vacuum cleaner for Valentines Day. She looked me square in the eyes and told me that my choice of gift.....SUCKED!! I'm having a problem figuring out if she was making a funny joke or if I need to go shopping again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've been married for 3 years this past December lol
Just ordered some Raasco grips for it. Hopefully they'll be here by the weekend so I can see how they feel at the range

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
WOW... That's a keeper!! ..... and I should say, so is your wife! Don't ever loss her~~!!
That is a fantastic B-day present! Wishing you many great years of shooting with it.

Rob

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone.
And unfortunately she doesn't have a sister lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dude!!! Awesome GIFT!!!! Congrats

Kinda same story but wife got me a Sig 2022 in 9mm. Gotta love these girls and their freakin awesome gifts!!! Have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrat's Sir your wife has very good taste in firearms...enjoy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on the 9mm 1911,
I own two and I love both of them and you will be pleasantly surprised at how well the shoot and how little the recoil is compared to the 45,
YOu may not want to let your wife shoot it or you wil be buying a second one, on second hand that may not be a bad Idea.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was one of the conditions she laid down before she handed it to me lol. She gets to shoot it when she wants. I'm hoping she likes it a lot so she'll understand why I want an original 1911 lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope she likes it as well they are fun to shoot,
I feeling the need to run another 100 rounds through me already

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took the 1911 and the wife back to the range yesterday to finish sighting in my AR and put almost 200 rds through it. It's a blast to shoot. I fired 4 mags through it and loved every round :D

I handed it to my wife and told her to have fun. Big mistake. She finished off the rest of the 200 9mm rounds I brought with me and started in on .45s lol. Needless to say, she told me if we got another 1911 in at work, I had better get it or I'll be sleeping on the couch lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts