Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas. New Taurus owner here. I've have 2 questions for ya'll.

First, I've been looking for a owb holster for my pt140 g2, but I can't find many that are actually designated for the g2 version. I can find holsters for the Pro all day. Will this one work? Amazon.com : Fobus Compact Holster Paddle SP11B Springfield Armory XD / HS 2000 9/357/40 5" 4" / Sig 2022, P250 / H&K P2000 P2000SK /Taurus Millenium .45, Millenium Pro (ALL Pro models) : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

Second, I've had a lot of ftf and fte. I'm thinking I could be limp wristing and causing the jams. So far I've fired 100 rounds through -- 50 brass American eagle and 50 aluminum federal. The American eagle extracted the fired casing fine but I'm guessing would short stroke and not feed the new round into the chamber. Out of those 50 rounds, I probably had 6-7 ftf. I chalk that up to limp wristing. The aluminum Federal rounds were horrible. Out of those 50, I probably had 15-20 fte or ftf. I was not the only person shooting the gun either. I'm leaning more toward the rounds than limp wristing but I'm not ruling it out.

The first time I fired the gun I did not clean it. I know, wrong way to start. But the second time the gun was thoroughly cleaned and oiled. Other than these issues, I love the gun. Nice weight and feel, and its not too big for ccw if I decide to get the license (which I probably will). It has been some time since I handled a pistol, so getting accustomed to the new gun may take some time. Thanks for your responses in advance.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
T o answer your question regarding the Fobus sp11b.....If the the dimensions of pt140 G2 are the same as the pt111 G2, then that Fobus will fit perfectly....I think the dims are the same but please confirm it. Also, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think Taurus uses really stiff recoil springs. I had a PT 111 G2 with many FTF's and Taurus replaced the spring under warranty. Then I had the same problem with my dad's PT 709. Before sending it in, we locked the slide on the gun for over a week and that loosened the spring enough to end the FTF's.

Alien Gear makes holsters for the PT 140 G2.

Concealed carry holsters | IWB and OWB | gun holsters

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Always thoroughly clean a new pistol before firing. With a plastic pick or even a toothpick, make sure you clean the slide grooves really well and lightly lubricate, and make sure the feed lips on each magazine are free from any burrs. One of my new PT140 G2's had several fail to feeds, but only with one of the two magazines. I used a finger nail buffer to remove a small burr on the mag feed lip and (ever so lightly) bent out the feed lips ~.002 with a crescent wrench. That took care of my FTF issue with that one magazine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The fobus GL-2PB will also work as a good holster. Dont mean to bombard your thread but I want to know if a P226(.40) mec-gar 15rd mag will work in The PT 140 g2????

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, went to an indoor range earlier. My new g2 worked flawlessly minus one FTE on my part. Turns out my rear sight was off slightly causing be to pull left. The range officer fired it and confirmed this and even adjusted it for me. Took a pic of my target. About 15 yards out. After he adjusted my sight I started putting em in the X. Still gotta work on my grip though. Love this gun!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,088 Posts

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

New Jersey.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts