Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my 111 yesterday. Brought it home and gave it a good cleaning (It was dripping with shipping oil) pulled the firing pin assembly and cleaned out the channel real good.
Bought 50 rounds of locally sourced 115gr ball ammo just to get to know her. Shot all 50 flawlessly. I'm shooting low right so I need to adjust the sights a little.
I have 1,000 rounds being delivered tomorrow including some different types of self defense ammo.

So far I like it. Feels good, Shoots good. I'm going to color fill the script on the slide to match the tan frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun. Good choice.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Looks good! Congrats.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Very nice, I love the FDE and black combo.
I know you have lots of other firearms but the PT 111 is very sensitive to trigger finger placement. I would run a few more rounds before adjusting. Usually it is low left, but if you are tightening your grip as you fire or are left handed it can be that way also. Do some shooting of a rest and be extra coincidence of your trigger finger placement before you adjust the sights.
Congrats on the new gun and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Glad you got your G2 back home. The FDE color looks nice. Now, about the floorboard in your car...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just put 200 more rounds through it and made it a little prettier lol. I'm really starting to like this gun.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts