Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Desert Tan Millennium Pro 9mm that I have fired 60 rounds though. Problem is that it shoots about 6 inches low. I have tried different ammo and different shooters and it is consistently hitting about 6 inches low. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I had a similar problem with my new, fixed sight, PT-92. I shot 200 WWB fmj through it. It seemed a little low. I thought it was me (new gun), so I tried 124 fmjs (G.S.Custom brand) thinking that a heavier projectile should shoot higher. It was worse (6, or more inches low). I tried Speer 124 JHP Lawman, still no better. Last night I went back to the WWB (115s), and I shot much better.
I guess my unit just likes 115 grainers. I'll be trying some other brands of 115 grain bullets, both in ball and JHP.
I was shooting at 10 yards.
You didn't mention which ammo you were using, so just try some other bullet weights and see whether that helps.

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
One other thing that folks tend to do on double action only (if yours is, I don't know) is milk the trigger. If you do that you will shoot low. :wave:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I forgot to mention that I rested the PT 92 on my briefcase (range bag) when I got serious. Now I find that the range will loan me a proper benchrst if I ask. I"ll ask next time.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I had the same problem. Stand next to a mirror. Hold the gun straight out and squeeze your hand on the grip. Does the gun nose dive? Mine did. Now put you pinky under the magazine and try. Does it point straight? I solved my problem with the Hogue handall jr. It lined up my hand properly on the grip and allowed me to point the gun straight. It helped my wife out as well. Try it out.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has the Heine Straight 8 sights. The problem is not my aim, hold, or anything other than the gun is shooting low. On a six target sheet, point of aim on the top center target will hit in the black on the target below it. It has not improved by changing ammo or shooter.

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
Check out "How do I shoot the Hienie sights" topic under FAQs on the main page. Might help. :angel:

·
32,616 Posts

·
32,616 Posts
This is what one calls a bittersweet relationship with sights. I despise sights with dots. Gets in the way of just using a regular sight picture. Got used to the 3 dot types to certain extent and they do help with aging eyes. Point of impact kept changing until it was figured out that the white dots are just an aid and not the main aiming device.

Too many sights on massed produced guns are off just enough. This is because each user is different enough in any physical measurements of any kind to make a one size fits all temperament work. Eye sight,arm length, and one's and the gun's shooting mechanics all figure into this.

Then there is that no two copies of the same gun are exact in every way or will shoot to the exact same point of aim. In theory it works, but not in the real world. Add in the variables of batches, types,weights, and individual ammo characteristics shot to shot and there is a whole panopoly of things to consider.

So we all work out the best combination to make things work for us.But getting there is half the fun. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts