Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Pt-111 millenium pro at a gun show that is new and it did not come with the Stright 8 sights. Instead there is a standard 3 dot sight. Has anyone heard of Taurus doing this or did the dealer add these before selling the gun?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
It's possibly a Generation 2 Mil-Pro, they still had 3-dots. If you run your serial number on the Taurus site, you can find out the year it was made and track down what generation it is from there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I did some research and looked at the sticky on this forum. It has millennium on one side and Pro on the other. It was manufactured in 2009 though. Any idea when the third generation came out?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
If i remember correctly, 3rd generations were released in mid 2009. Most Mil-Pro's are DAO, however a DA/SA trigger was installed in many of the 3rd generations. If you rack the slide and pull the trigger (hopefully with snapcaps) you should have some slack on the pull before you feel it about to release the firing pin. If you feel resistance from the moment you start pulling, it's DAO and your best bet would be to call Taurus CS to find out what generation it is.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
PRO on the right side came only on the Gen3.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The PT111 Millennium Pro Gen 3s shipped directly from Brazil have the 3 dot sights on them instead of the Heinie straight 8s installed in PT111s coming out of Miami.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies. I have only shot about 30 rounds through it so far to get a feel for it and test the 24/7 17 round mag, and it does have the SA/DA trigger you mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts