Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I've heard nothing but good reviews for these holsters. The site shows a limited number of supported Taurus, but if you Email him he will try to make arrangements to acquire a gun to make the holster, if at all possible. http://www.ubgholsters.com/

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's nice. I recently got a new PT111 Pro and have had trouble finding a holster. I am on a tight budget and can't afford $50+ for a holster right now. I have a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB which I don't like at all. I have a Fobus paddle coming, and even though most people say they don't like them the one I tried for a different gun at the shop seemed to do what I needed it to do for now anyway. Won't exactly be concealed though as it seems to stick out.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Adam5 How secure does that hold your gun? As far as moving, bending etc. may I ask? Looks nice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
texas shooter said:
Adam5 How secure does that hold your gun? As far as moving, bending etc. may I ask? Looks nice.
Sorry for slow response. It holds very well. Unlike A few other holsters that I have tried, I have had no issues with the gun slipping or coming loose, even while playing with my daughter and her friends at the park, wrestling with my dogs or working riding my daughter's horse/working at the stable. The holster also has a smooth, fast, draw.

I'm about to order one of his 'Savannah' OWB holsters for use with my 1911 that I use occasional carry and for IPSC matches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Coop650 said:
That's nice. I recently got a new PT111 Pro and have had trouble finding a holster. I am on a tight budget and can't afford $50+ for a holster right now. I have a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB which I don't like at all. I have a Fobus paddle coming, and even though most people say they don't like them the one I tried for a different gun at the shop seemed to do what I needed it to do for now anyway. Won't exactly be concealed though as it seems to stick out.
I've used Fobus for a few years and for the price I like them. They've modified and strengthened the design from the old one's, I've never been able to shake a gun loose from one yet. Their not real good for conceal but overall they do what they are designed for.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
My son who is just back from Iraq, said he used a Fobus holster for his service pistol, for a year. He was always jumping in and out of Helicopters, as he was on a medic unit and never had a problem with losing his pistol out of it. But if he needed it, the draw was good.

He was exposed to Insurgents who could if they got loose, attempt to grab his weapon, so it must have been pretty secure.

I have had mine for a month, and the retention seems good, and it sure snaps into place when I holster it, even with the action open.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought I would repost and say I just ordered a Split Decision today. Hopefully the wait isn't too long and I can report about I like it with my PT111 pro. I have been using a Fobus paddle I modified a little with felt but really want something I can carry IWB with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I received the Split Decision 4 days after I ordered it. It is much smaller than I expected, but the gun fits it great and it is very comfortable to carry. I have used it and don't know how I used my Uncle Mike's IWB and Fobus OWB before, :).

·
Registered
846 Posts
I posted this on another entry in here. If you live in the Texas area tru this holster guy. www.DMBullardLeather.com he had makes all his holsters and molds them to the guns. I went to his site last night and his prices were higher than what I paid at the gun show. He is in Azle, Texas and gives lifetime warranty. I got the basket weave for the PT140 and it fits also the 24/7 fo $40. and the under cover for the 605 .357 for $50. These are thick leather and very, very well made. You may contact him to see how far he goes in the gun show circut, etc. I got pics I need to get developed and put on here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
The turnaround time on their website (highnoonholsters.com) said 20-25 weeks!!! They must not be very busy if you all are getting them in 3-4 days!!
I think if it is a stock holster you can get it quick, if it is a custom it takes much longer.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I talked to the guy last Sunday at the gun show and gave him the name of this site he does ship, I told him he needs to come down on the price for us, from the site and give gun show price, we's all poor. He said contact him. He has molds for the PT140 & 24/7 and 605 and more his says, these are molded to the gun, not one fit all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey coop, I like that holster!! I see its a clip? where do you wear it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts