Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I have a pt100 already and decided I need a smaller gun and wanted 9mm for the round capacity. Picked it up at academy for 329 yesterday, I am impressed and it does feel good ergonomically as well as for durability. I like it so far, the two cons I have already is that both of my magazines do not align properly with the grip of the handgun. They sit to the right about 1-2mm... Not the end if the world but definitely noticeable. The other being that the rear site is plastic. I will be going to the range this weekend and will provide a range report.

Before I do, is it safe to shoot lead out if this barrel? It is stainless steel so I figured it will be just fine.

(More pictures on second page)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
The front sight IS replaceable, I just did on mine. Got a HiViz sight for a glock. Take off the slide and look inside, you'll find a small flat black screw, be careful removing it, it is set with red locktite. Once removed the plastic site comes off from the top, the new glock site needs about .020" removed from the plug to fit the hole but works just great. The sight comes with 4 different colors of fiber optic inserts and costs less than 30 bucks, takes about 10 minutes to fit

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front sight IS replaceable, I just did on mine. Got a HiViz sight for a glock. Take off the slide and look inside, you'll find a small flat black screw, be careful removing it, it is set with red locktite. Once removed the plastic site comes off from the top, the new glock site needs about .020" removed from the plug to fit the hole but works just great. The sight comes with 4 different colors of fiber optic inserts and costs less than 30 bucks, takes about 10 minutes to fit
Wow really? That's a great surprise! Add this to the top of my to do list. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your recent acquisition of the great little Millennium G2 PT111. :happy:

I carry mine every day!

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I cant say enough good things about the PT111 G2............Wonderful gun... I hope yours is as reliable as mine is.....Its my carry gun of choice...

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Congrats! I am very interested in seeing your range report.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Range report

RANGE REPORT :shooter:

Reliability:

The gun ate all the lead reloads we threw at it. No problems at all. Definitely building my confidence with the gun.

Accuracy:
I was hitting 9,10,X at 3 and 7 yrds. When we dropped the target out to 15 yrds my group opened up to about a 1' diameter. You can easily CHL qualify with this gun. Hitting X at 15 with only a 3.2" barrel proved a challenge for me...maybe some of you would have no problem. I did not need to adjust sights.

Trigger:
Gritty, like my PT100, needs to be broken in. It does break clean, but because of the DA double strike capability, the trigger travels .5" before becoming taught. I would like it better if I polish up some internals and do some research on the stock springs. (I am used to a aftermarket match trigger on an xdm...clearly not same category.)

Comfort:
Easy to shoot, handled well, weight balance is great. Never slipped in my hand thanks to the sandpaper-like stippling.

Overall:
Good, reliable gun. I feel comfortable shooting up to 10 yards with it, not too much beyond that, yet. The 3.2" barrel just really allows make minor sways with the gun to move my POI off. I like the PT111, and so did my brother. For $350, you get a lot of gun. I want to see the plastic sights gone and some trigger work but aside from that I am happy. It's a decent concealable carry.
:rating07:
Happy shooting y'all! :guns:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello, new guy here... Anyways: So I got my new G2, and then after 60 rounds on it, the mag release button spring stop working. So now my magazine won't lock into place. Did anybody have the same issue?

My G2 is back to the gun shop, don't know if they are going to fix it or replace it.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Hello, new guy here... Anyways: So I got my new G2, and then after 60 rounds on it, the mag release button spring stop working. So now my magazine won't lock into place. Did anybody have the same issue?

My G2 is back to the gun shop, don't know if they are going to fix it or replace it.
I suggest you start a new thread over in the Product Problems section. Youll get more of a response there. And Welcome to the best gun forum on the net!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts