Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...how much I LOVE this gun. This is my very first handgun. I don't know what drew me to it but I'd say it was fate, and the price was so right. ($279)
I spent a few days looking at youtube videos and google searches and this one seemed to always get great reviews! So I decided to go to my local gun shop and wouldn't you know, it was there on sale. They had boxes of them. I said this is a sign that I needed to buy that particular model.

Lifetime warranty is a bonus. Plus the gun store where I bought it offered free cleanings for as long as I own the gun.

The gun fits my hand so comfortably. I'm 5'7 with medium hands and this feels so great. 12+1 is quite a bit for this size. (I think)
So far it's gone thru about 350 rounds with out a hiccup. I probably would like to raise the rear sights a bit more since it seems to be a little low. For now I just compenstate.

Waiting on that perfect IWB holster but cant seem to find any ones that appeal to me.

I just bought and waiting one more day for my new PT92 AFS. ($369 on sale)! Hopefully that will be an awesome gun. I'll let you know how it goes after a few hundred rounds thru that one.

And whats the deal with all the Taurus haters out there??:confused:

S.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. No Taurus haters here.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Are you covering the target with the front sight? This is how the sights are designed (vs. 6 o'clock hold with the target on top of the post). Just asking since it's shooting low.

Regardless, welcome to the forum! You picked a winner with the G2!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'm trying to line up all 3 dots (horizontally) !*!*!*!
Still learning and not sure if that's right. Or do I make a triangle?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Lining up all three dots is correct...you just want to make sure to focus on your front sight and cover the target with it. Many pistols are designed to work like the sight picture on the left...yours is designed to work like the picture on the right.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
That is correct. All 3 dots should be lined up horizontally.

What Drewski is saying is that the front dot should also cover your point of aim(the point you wish to hit with the bullet), while maintaining the sight alignment.

EDIT: Drewski beat me to it while I was typing my response. That is a good graphic to explain it.

Reactions: Drewski

·
Registered
17,185 Posts
Hello and the last thing I worry about is what anyone thinks of anything I own or do.
Billy Bob doesn't like my Taurus. Who gives a rip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice graphic. I'll try that. It's most likely me and my trigger pull is causing me to move at the last minute. Need to tighten up my grip I guess.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Houston, and congrats on your PT111G2. Just got one myself a couple of weeks ago. It's a great little pistol.

Reactions: mudbeast66

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota!!!! I carry a G2 everyday. Great gun and very accurate. If you have trouble with the sights just put a laser on that rail and then you don't have to worry about shooting in the dark either. Here is a picture of mine. We like pictures on the forum.

IMG_20140805_112921_783.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another welcome from Texas. I just got the PT111 G2 a couple weeks ago myself, and joined the forum right after. After 3 boxes of ammo without a single issue, it's now my daily CCW. I like everything about this gun, and I'm very impressed with the accuracy. I wish I had found it sooner.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Howdy from West By God Virginia .. I am another happy G2 owner..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts