Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I picked it up for $280 out the door in Clarksville,TN. I haven't had it to the range yet but I hope it shoots as good as it looks. I purchased it with the money I got from selling my Keltec P11 and I must say I'm impressed with this pistol just looking at it on the table. Much high quality feel and appearance. The trigger is MUCH better.

I am curious about a few accessories though.

Mostly I am curious about IWB holsters AND also retention holsters with magazine provisions.

I am curious if there is a low profile weapon light that mounts nicely on the rail as well.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrats on your new PT111 G2. And welcome from Ohio. It is a nice pistol now get out and shoot it;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

I'm a new owner too. This is the IWB holster I bought for mine. $45, off the rack, you pick the color. Gunners Custom Holsters. You can find him on Facebook, eBay or at his site. Mine rides nice. Wore it all today. Good luck with your holster search. It can be overwhelming. :smile:

IMG_2796a.JPG IMG_2797a.JPG IMG_2798a.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am planning on running some TulAmmo, Blazer Bronze, and Winchester White box through it this weekend. I've already cleaned the packing grease off and lubed it with Gunzilla, and have been practicing/breaking in the trigger with snap caps. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Greetings from SW Illinois. I am also a new PT111 G2 owner. Last week I took it out for its intial range trip; 196 flawless rounds. So far I am loving it There's another thread about G2 holsters here:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c...52-what-best-budget-iwb-holster-pt111-g2.html

I have a DeSantis for the Baby Glock, and it is working, but I really like the extra security that comes with hybrid holsters. I have a couple of Theis Holster single clips for other CC pistols, and I have just ordered a Little FoxX for the G2.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Congratulations on the new G2! Great gun that is fun to shoot and makes an excellent EDC weapon.
I use a Versa- Carry for mine. I may get an Alien Gear as I hear great things about them.I am going to get a Serpa by Blackhawk, the one for the HK 2000 is supposed to fit it well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gsx4, Does the material bother your skin at all being hard instead of fabric or leather?
If it does, I don't notice, or I've just gotten used to it. I have leather/kydex holsters and just straight kydex. I've worn/wear both depending on the time of year, but now mostly kydex. I like how the holster is the same shape all the time and doesn't soak up any sweat. That's just me though.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome to the G2 family of happy owners..:D

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Big WELCOME from Kentucky! :) I bought my 111 G2 in November and last month 2 guys in my shop bought one. :) I have the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 and love it. Great holster for an awesome price.

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol.

And Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another G2 owner here. Look at N82 Tactical holsters too. They aren't the cheapest, but the holster is very comfortable against your body. I spoke to one of the Nates at the local gun show last month. He said a Professional model is forthcoming for the G2. Just takes several weeks to get the mold set up for production. I love my tuckable version.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts