Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out my new PT111 G2 out to range for the first time today (Sat.) and qualified for my CCW. Went through about 120 rounds, and loved the feel of it and shot very accurate. My only problem was that I had a few times where the slide didn't go all the way forward and chamber the next round. I would have to manually slap the slide from behind, and then it would work. I was using cheap Blazer ammo, and was wondering if that could have been the problem? I did strip it all down and lubed it up good between rounds of practice, but it continued to jam once in a while. Any ideas? Thanks! Joe

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I'd blame the malfunctions on the cheap ammo.

Thanks for sharing your first range report on the new G2 PT111.

Reactions: 24ktdad

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was pretty mad at myself for not bring any better ammo along. I had planned on using my Sig 225 for qualifying, and it seems to cycle the Blazer stuff fairly well. But at the last minute, I decided to go ahead and try out the G2 instead. Glad I did though, as it was a pleasure to shoot!

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Were the Blazers aluminum cased or brass?

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
I have some of that stuff in .40 S&W, shot all my .45 ACP. Not a fan of it either myself, the cases expand too much in my M405 to eject from the cylinder. Gotta buy more brass ammo on pay day.

Reactions: 24ktdad

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got mine yesterday and also took it shooting. I probably put close to 100 rounds thru it.I cleaned it before shooting of course and used crappy ammo. I only had one failure to feed but otherwise it worked like a charm. Congratulations on your new gun!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.