Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
180620_001.jpg I've shot 800 rounds & am very happy with my new PT 92 ss.I can drive nails at 30' & paper plate at 60'.My question is the wolf spring worth the trouble? I would like a lighter trigger but am afraid to get into a mess with the locking system disassembly. Would anyone recommend cutting off 3 coils of stock spring? I'm leaning to leave well enough alone but would like it the best it can be.TY in advance in helping me make this decision."Maybe driving nails is an exaggeration"

·
Registered
419 Posts
if it's as accurate as you say, it's unlikely you will improve things. Leave it alone. If you want the trigger to improve, it will indeed as you shoot it. In a couple of thousand rounds it will be unbelievable.
bingo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I didn't want a $8 upgrade to go undone if it would improve the gun.I already had to replace return trigger spring & took me an hour to get it in.I think the L end of the spring was suppose to snap groove in pin but it's in & it works!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello, 57westy. I think Fredward has already hit the nail on the head. The triggers on these guns wear in nicely, and I am certainly not in favor of lightening any springs, as the hammer spring is part of the recoil absorption system. Give it some time and the trigger will feel like it came out of a custom shop. Enjoy your PT 92.

~Best regards.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it... Or you can fix it till it's broke..
My PT 92 is 100% Taurus and the trigger at 2500+ rnds is perfect!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello new member. I have been shooting for 60 years, and my pt92 has the best trigger of any gun I have ever owned or shot.
Don't mess with perfection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all the responses! If I'd never read all the info out there & quit watching You tube it would have never entered my mind! I love this gun! 30' and nine out of 10 go into the posty sticker,60' & I tend to bear right but 4" group.I still have a flinch of anticipation but ordered some dummy rounds to mix in my mag

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
If it's as accurate as you say, it's unlikely you will improve things. Leave it alone. If you want the trigger to improve, it will indeed as you shoot it. In a couple of thousand rounds it will be unbelievable.
Good advice right there!

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
At 100' I'm having trouble pulling right about 4" (left handed & cross dominant eyed) I think I'm anticipating shot.Never really shot a pistol till now.This is my first semi-auto
IF you are only missing center point by 4 inches at 30 plus yards i wouldn't worry a lot about it, thats a whole lot less than Minute of man!
I shot about a 5-6 inch 30 round group at 25 yards today with my CZ Sp-01 and was happy as could be.
course I am an under achiever!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am very happy with my shot group.Having never owned a pistol & it all being new to me I've been watching a lot of You Tube.I was struggling to shoot with 2 eyes open till I saw a video illustrating dominate eye to discover I'm cross dominate eyed so I'm learning fast.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I say, leave it alone! That gun will sweeten up even more over time.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There is a lot of knowledge in this group, like you my first pistol was a Taurus and I happened upon this sight and have learned from them and listened to them they even put me on the 92 when I was looking for a 9mm and again I'm glad I listened to them. So that being said I would leave it alone let everything wear in at its own pace and you will be happy in the long run

Reactions: william
1 - 16 of 16 Posts