Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm still waiting on my M65 which was just ordered ( for real this time) today.

But came home with my PT 809.
Was getting ready to break it down and clean it and noticed it's pretty much clean already.

I guess that new idea of ready to fire is true. But I'm still gonna clean it and start cycling my snap caps in it.

New 809 001.JPG
New 809 002.JPG

New 809 003.JPG

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a PT 809c but sold it last sring/summer.

Too small. Could only shoot it with the extended mag. My pinky and part of my ring finger wouldn't even touch the magazine.

Was going to buy this one right after I sold the compact, but life happened in the meantime.

Reactions: Dan51 and darbo

·
Registered
24,611 Posts
Congrats on your new PT809. Enjoy.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I had a PT 809c but sold it last sring/summer.

Too small. Could only shoot it with the extended mag. My pinky and part of my ring finger wouldn't even touch the magazine.

Was going to buy this one right after I sold the compact, but life happened in the meantime.
Too frequently sometimes!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice! I'm glad you got half of the problem resolved. What happened?

Best I can tell, a genuine computer glitch.

They recently opened up a new location and tied the two computer systems together a couple of days before I placed my order.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Best I can tell, a genuine computer glitch.

They recently opened up a new location and tied the two computer systems together a couple of days before I placed my order.
Oh, so trying to push two guns through the line at the same time wouldn't work......they need a bigger line.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats on the new gun!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, so trying to push two guns through the line at the same time wouldn't work......they need a bigger line.

I'm guessing here, but I'm thinking that the new store is supposed to route all computer entries through the old store and that way it's just one order from one source instead of two orders from two separate sources.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats on your new PT809... I've been looking at the 809 recently.....

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Congratulations on the new pistol.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Congratulations, hope to have mine home in a couple of weeks.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
My new PT-845 came home with me on Friday. Just realized that I haven't taken photos for the family album yet. Need to get on that on Monday.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Congrats on the new 809. Fine looking pistol. How many mags came with it?

I've been looking at these also, mainly because it's hammer fired. I despise those that are striker fired.
Hopefully Taurus will keep producing these for a good while.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Congrats... Sweet..

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new 809. Fine looking pistol. How many mags came with it?

I've been looking at these also, mainly because it's hammer fired. I despise those that are striker fired.
Hopefully Taurus will keep producing these for a good while.

It comes with two 17 round magazines, two sets of key/tools, 3 backstraps, magzine loading tool, and hard pelican style case.

Reactions: Dan51

·
Registered
675 Posts
It comes with two 17 round magazines, two sets of key/tools, 3 backstraps, magzine loading tool, and hard pelican style case.
Sweet!!
What more could you ask for?
This puts a + on my decision to get one in the near future.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts