Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 24/7 G2 .45acp compact and bought me a PT 745. I was really wanting the Springfield XDS but I didn't want to pay $200+ more than the 745. I took the 745 to the range yesterday and I enjoyed shooting it. I only ran 55 rounds through it (50 FMJ and 5 defensive) and each one fed and ejected with no issues. I'm not crazy about the Heinie straight 8 sights so I'll either switch to Williams Firesights or take my old rear 2 dot from my 24/7 9mm that was replaced by Williams Firesight.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Strangely, I hated those Heinie sights on my PT111. Replaced the rear sight with a two-dot.
Was going to do the same thing to my 745 but took it to the range before I ordered new sights. For some reason, I kind of bonded with the Heinies on the 745 and shot very well with them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Gratz On the 745 its my favorite pistol, And once you get used to the Heine 8 sights they are pretty good, and putting some Glo-paint on the sights so you can see them better, will be beneficial.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I sold my 24/7 G2 .45acp compact and bought me a PT 745. I was really wanting the Springfield XDS but I didn't want to pay $200+ more than the 745. I took the 745 to the range yesterday and I enjoyed shooting it. I only ran 55 rounds through it (50 FMJ and 5 defensive) and each one fed and ejected with no issues. I'm not crazy about the Heinie straight 8 sights so I'll either switch to Williams Firesights or take my old rear 2 dot from my 24/7 9mm that was replaced by Williams Firesight.
Sometimes, "Old Skool" :icon_ rocker: is the way to go!

The Millennium Series pistols are rock-solid dependable, easily concealed, and accurate at self defense distances.

Congrats on your PT745! :happy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put Williams Firesights on my 745. It got even more accurate. I love it alot. I have almost 700 rounds through mine now with no troubles at all

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those 745's are scarce as hen's teeth around here. None of the local shops have them nor can they get them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have and enjoy the PT745 which has been discontinued by Taurus. I suggest you order some extra mags now while you can still get them. You need to be careful as there is a run of mags out there that are slightly oversize and as a result will not drop free.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Try Gallery of Guns online. Ordered one yesterday and waiting for it to arrive later this week.
Non of the gun shops here are willing to go outside their regular suppliers. I've been down that road. The Springfield XDs is the compact .45 of choice now. Anyway, after the monster delay in getting service work done on my Taurus pistol I'm in no hurry to buy another Taurus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the Straight 8 night sights for my PT145 from Heinie. I really like them. They were kinda pricey, but I wish I had gotten the larger dots.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I ordered the Straight 8 night sights for my PT145 from Heinie. I really like them. They were kinda pricey, but I wish I had gotten the larger dots.
Welcome from Texas! I will call Taurus some time later to see if the 2 dot rear sight for the MilPro's 3rd gen is back in stock. I called and asked them last Nov and was told it's not in stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
congrats on the 745, I was thinkin about purchasing one of those before I decided on my PT140...
Last month, at LGS bought a used PT140 MilPro $255 w/2 mags. Two visits to the range & flawless. Last week, at the same LGS bought NIB PT745 MilPro $399 w/2 mags. Did a Field Strip & CLP. The new gun is very, very tight. Snap Caps, light oil, and working the slide, slide release, and trigger over, over, & over again should loosen up.

Oh yea, OP welcome from the great state of...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Larger Dots? I need larger dots for my PT140 MilPro. Funny thing though, the OEM Sites on my new PT745 MilPro are definitely bigger than on my PT 140 MilPro?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts