Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a PT 740 for a while and one crossed my path recently... so I bought it. :D

I put a couple hundred rounds through her and not one hiccup. She shoots great and she hits where I point her. She is a feisty one though and will let you know when she goes bang! Definitely not a plinking pistol in my opinion! :D :D But then thats not what she was designed for! :D

The grip is small for my hands but not uncomfortable, quite the opposite actually. I have to put my pinky under it like I do on an 1873 Colt SAA or something similar. Then again its by design and I think that Taurus did a great job of engineering it so that a guy like me with bigger hands is comfortable with it.

If someone was looking for a small pistol with a good punch I'd recommend it.

For those who have to have photos: :D :D
(For the record, I'm no photographer like some of yall, Vonzipper and VTB_Gunner come to mind there, so its just a photo from my iPhone :D )

740.jpg

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I love my 740. I shoot it better than the 709 - as I've stated before - probably cause I'm hanging on for dear life - she is one feisty lady. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I've been wanting a PT 740 for a while and one crossed my path recently... so I bought it. :D

I put a couple hundred rounds through her and not one hiccup. She shoots great and she hits where I point her. She is a feisty one though and will let you know when she goes bang! Definitely not a plinking pistol in my opinion! :D :D But then thats not what she was designed for! :D

The grip is small for my hands but not uncomfortable, quite the opposite actually. I have to put my pinky under it like I do on an 1873 Colt SAA or something similar. Then again its by design and I think that Taurus did a great job of engineering it so that a guy like me with bigger hands is comfortable with it.

If someone was looking for a small pistol with a good punch I'd recommend it.

For those who have to have photos: :D :D
(For the record, I'm no photographer like some of yall, Vonzipper and VTB_Gunner come to mind there, so its just a photo from my iPhone :D )

View attachment 58170
Congrats on the new pistol it's too bad she bites. :eek:

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
29,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the new pistol it's too bad she bites. :eek:

I actually like that fact!

But then again I like feisty things. Which is one reason I like my wife. We took fencing because we thought it would be fun to fight each other with swords. Now she wants to do Krav Maga so we can spar. (Israeli IDF & Special forces martial arts, I believe it translates from Hebrew to mean Battle Contact :D ) Yes its her idea, I think it will be fun too!

I also like spirit in a horse.

I guess what I am saying is I like my firearms, women and horses feisty! :D :D

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
If you like them feisty, look for a compact revolver in .327 federal. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
29,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the find!

Powerful, ain't she? :)
Yes she is! :D I put another 100 through her yesterday. One handed firing is fun, she definitely lets you know she is there! :D :D

Reactions: sasquatch40

·
Registered
304 Posts
Congrats! I love my 740, carry it every day. Another fan of the Pearce grip extensions here, they really make a difference. Give that pinkie a place to rest. :)

Reactions: TexasAviator
1 - 17 of 17 Posts