Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my new pt 709 5 days ago cleaned inspected and took it out for a spin yesterday, used Remington umc 115 jhp and my reloads 124gr Berry plated round nose.

My overall impression of gun was good, also liked the way it fit my hand, the only negative thought was the trigger after using a snap cap a few times I thought it would be difficult to control but after 50 rounds I was shooting accurate, reset was good and no failures.

I also had my TCP with me series A owned 4 or 5 years, put 50 rounds of 100gr Berry plated through it functioned perfect.

To be honest I was a Taurus snob for many years but the TCP broke me down because I simply liked the design better then other 380's, not sure I will buy a third
concerned my luck will run out since I have 2 goods ones.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
My wife and then have had 4 Taurus's with nary a problem. Your luck will hold ;) I'm glad you like your 709. My wife loves hers.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I have 7 taurii. Only the tcps have had issues. The 709 guiderod broke,but that was easily fixed

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
Congratulations on your new PT709 and glad to read that it's working well for you!
Mine has been great so far.

not sure I will buy a third concerned my luck will run out since I have 2 goods ones.
Your beliefs determine your reality.

I have six good ones so far! Actually, I've had seven, but I traded off a PT945 to get my .45 24/7 OSS.

Collection of Taurus Pistols L - R
PT92 w/ Pachmayr Finger Groove Grip
PT908 9mm
PT24/7 Pro 9mm
PT24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP
PT-111 9mm

Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm

Reactions: RalphG2

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I have 4. Bought 3 new, 1 used. The first 1911 had the extractor break at about 125 rounds. Replaced the extractor and everything has been fine since. Besides the extractor issue I have put several thousand rounds through the 4 guns with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts