1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
I love the gold stuff

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Ohhhh - shiny!!! I love it - especially the green grips!! Give us a range report! My pink one would be real friendly with your green one! :angel:
PT22 close up.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from the range actually... shot amazing. Its a lot louder than I expected but it was a hoot to shoot and prretty accurate. And it is a breeze to clean so all around I'm pretty satisfied. That's 3 for 3 on taurus handguns for me. And to think I almost didn't start buying them because of the infamous I knew someone who had one and it was junk statement. Lol glad I didn't listen and was willing to form my own opinion about taurus.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Have had my PT-22 for many years and don't plan to ever get rid if it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As we say here, noice jade grips there dude! I have two PT22 nickle with rosewood grips and love em as much as my 357 mag revolvers and 9mm autos. BTW I just modified one of my PT22 magazines to take NINE rounds and I will test it at the range tomorrow. Also, please be very careful if you can rack the slide because the PT22 were known to "slam fire" before Taurus beefed up the hammer spring to prevent racking. There is no pin block in the slide of a PT22 cause it's so small. You should also consider painting the front and rear sights with flourescent paint (Testors from your local hobby shop)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. I finally had a chance to give my new PT-22 a real good workout at the range today, putting over 150 rounds through it, Winchester, Federal and CCI. I had a few FTEs and FTFs with all brands of ammo, but noticed after 100 rounds had gone through the gun, there were no more feed or ejection problems at all. I guess that just proves that the gun really does need to be 'broken in'. It has a really long trigger pull, enough that I raised a small blister on my trigger finger. And I need to paint the front site a bright color so I can see the darned thing. Also, wear ear muffs when you shoot it, it's really loud!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts