Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks, I baught a PT140 last summer, and love it to death. BUT....... I have a major problem. Iv checked my stance, my hand placement and so on. But for some reason Im still rubbing againt the clip release. Is there any way to get the spring tighter inside? at this time im willing to do almost anything because im about to get rid of it. I hate to say it but im at that point.
Any ideas would be awsome
Thanks

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
If you are ABSOLUTELY sure you're hitting the mag release and it's not a bad mag release, then I would recommend your switching the mag button to the opposite side - there are a few threads on reversing mag release on Mil pro's - here and on YouTube.

You might also call Taurus and tell them you need a new mag release assembly under warranty - they will and/or should send you a new assembly no charge if less than a year old. It will be much cheaper for you to replace the assembly than sending the pistol back to Taurus for repair. Frankly, I doubt you are causing the problem - mag drops during firing have been quite numerous with the MilPro's and it's mostly not the operators fault. I had the same problem with my PT140MilPro. Once the mag release assembly was replaced, I've not had another instance of mag drop with it or my two new MilPro's which have never had the problem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What wino said I had the same problem with my milpro 40 I called Taurus and they sent me a new one and I have never had another problem, good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.