Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any who may be interested in changing from the stock PT 111 G2 trigger (All Legal Liability Is Your Own), I came across this guy who has designed a SAO trigger as a drop in item. There's always been a lot of talk about the trigger, and I was victim of a broken trigger safety myself (broke the first day I shot the gun). There's been multiple threads about a "click" in the trigger involving the trigger safety design, and many have disliked the long trigger take up. Certainly not for everyone, but this is now an available solution for some.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So great video, looks like a great alternative..... But where the hell do you buy one? OP, you let us down. ��

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two questions. First, does it void the lifetime warranty? And second, does it defeat the purpose of the blade trigger safety, and make the gun unsafe when dropped, like the guns it replaced?
It would most certainly void the warranty. But... if you keep your stock parts, you could swap them back in if/when any warranty service were needed.
And so far as the drop safety - technically there is an internal striker block.... but that's a risk one needs to weigh in making a decision for such a modification.

·
Super Moderator
27,071 Posts
Two questions. First, does it void the lifetime warranty? And second, does it defeat the purpose of the blade trigger safety, and make the gun unsafe when dropped, like the guns it replaced?
All sorts or warnings if you click the link.

Product Description
WARNING: THIS REMOVES THE TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! DO NOT PURCHACE THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITHOUT A TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CARRY!

This is to convert a PT111 G2 to SAO and greatly reduces freeplay. I HIGHLY recommend that this be professionally installed and that you keep your original just in case you need service from the manufacturer. Do keep in mind that each of these is created by Shapeways after they are purchaced, so they usually take around 2 weeks to get to destinations in the Continential US.

Material:
"Strong and Flexible" is a nylon polymer similar to the original material.

Finishes:
- Standard is unpolished, so the texture is a bit rough
- Polished is smoother
- The premium version has the smoothest, most finished texture, it is still slightly porous, but is a fairly close match to the frame after some handling.

Disclaimer: Any modifications you make can void the original manufacturers warranty, and I am not accountable for any damages that may result from using this. I am putting these up here for use by responsible adults, if you do not want to take responsibility for yourselves, do not order this. WARNING: THIS REMOVES THE TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! DO NOT PURCHACE THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITHOUT A TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CARRY!

·
Registered
222 Posts
All sorts or warnings if you click the link.

Product Descriptionm
WARNING: THIS REMOVES THE TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! DO NOT PURCHACE THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITHOUT A TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CARRY!

This is to convert a PT111 G2 to SAO and greatly reduces freeplay. I HIGHLY recommend that this be professionally installed and that you keep your original just in case you need service from the manufacturer. Do keep in mind that each of these is created by Shapeways after they are purchaced, so they usually take around 2 weeks to get to destinations in the Continential US.

Material:
"Strong and Flexible" is a nylon polymer similar to the original material.

Finishes:
- Standard is unpolished, so the texture is a bit rough
- Polished is smoother
- The premium version has the smoothest, most finished texture, it is still slightly porous, but is a fairly close match to the frame after some handling.

Disclaimer: Any modifications you make can void the original manufacturers warranty, and I am not accountable for any damages that may result from using this. I am putting these up here for use by responsible adults, if you do not want to take responsibility for yourselves, do not order this. WARNING: THIS REMOVES THE TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! DO NOT PURCHACE THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITHOUT A TRIGGER SAFETY AND RESTRIKE CAPABILITY! THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CARRY!
I think we all agree on the warranty issue. Anyone willing to swap out the trigger is making it a personal decision. Enough preaching.

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts
I think we all agree on the warranty issue. Anyone can willing to swap out the trigger is making it a personal decision. Enough preaching.
Enough preaching by whom?

"This is not recommended for carry". Which is exactly why you purchase a gun this size in the first place. I already have a target range gun, my PT145, with the same trigger. I'm not comfortable carrying it, so I don't. You're right, it's up to individuals as to whether this is worth it to them, but everybody should go into it with eyes wide open.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Looks like you would get "Taurus Toes" with that mod. Don't know if that's better than Glock Leg? No thanks..... Maybe if mine was broke and it made it usable as a nightstand or range gun since Taurus parts are almost unobtanium!

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I just purchased one of the triggers, will let all know how it goes.................
And YES, I am sure it will void the warranty, which is why I will keep the original trigger!
And the PT111G2 has a safety on the frame, so not worried about it just being S/A and no trigger safety..................
Will let all know soon!

If you look at the video you will see wear to buy it, came to 24.00 bucks with shipping................

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
It sounded great right up until the "THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CARRY" part. The PT111 G2 isn't a target gun, or collector gun, or hunting gun. That's like buying a sedan and the dealer says "This is not recommended for driving on a public roadway." :sarcasm:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The manual safety certainly helps with the risk part. When the manual safety is disegaged there's a bit more of a risk for AD, one case being the pistol is fumbled and someone tries to instinctively catch it. I wonder if we'll get something more like an apex style trigger, although that would be quite a bit more expensive. Also on ebay there's a metal "bullseye" trigger that looks very similar to this trigger in function, although its 2-3x more expensive.

·
Banned
2,474 Posts
My question is trigger pull weight?....Why would it be any different than a Glock?...Plus you have a manual
safety on a G2 ....So why would it not be recommended for carry?...If that is the case why does Glock not have the same warning?
Not trying to open up a manual safety VS no manual safety debate here ( We have been down that road before)

Am i missing something here??

·
Registered
121 Posts
IMHO not really. Part of the reason I like the pt111 is because of its safety and I use it. So although not totally ideal I could live with this mod and am considering it.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Hope you have a good lawyer in case you ever have to shoot someone with a “modified” gun especially when the modification involves removing a safety.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are hundreds of guns out there that have no trigger safety, I'll admit most are da/sa but with a manual safety this conversion makes perfect sense if you are willing to carry clocked and locked. This conversion also makes perfect sense for a nightstand or truck gun.

Reactions: Ralph_Kirk

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Far as I am concerned, proper gun handling is the issue, as someone stated a Glock doesn't
have a trigger safety, or any other safety, and they are carried by many without a problem..............
I could care less if the gun is modified or not, as long as I am alive at the end of an encounter with a criminal causing me to use it,
triggers are played with all the time in the firearms world so I do not see a difference...................
If you have your finger on the trigger while setting the safety, you have no business owning a firearm.................
And lastly, all the guys warnings are to protect his rear end, I do not think that he feels the gun is only good for the "range" and
you shouldn't carry it as an EDC! Keep your finger off the trigger, rack the slide and chamber one, put the safety on, and go about
your way....................Simple.
I will give a review when it shows up and I drop it in the gun, then I will carry it for awhile and let you know how it does.........................

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would assume that this will work in a pt140g2? I'd think so, but....subtle differences and all...
Thoughts?
I kind of really want to try one...maybe because there's a whole bunch of folks saying "don't do it"

1 - 20 of 114 Posts