Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just picked up (well, put in layaway) a new PLY-22. I already have a Beretta 21A and really love the simple design, so when I seen a stainless PLY-22 for a good price I new I had to add another similar. My wife had a blued PLY-25 but she discovered that she does not like DAO pistols so we had to trade it in (needed the funds) for another. I remember really liking the trigger on hers so when I found the PLY-22 it was a no brainer that I had to have it. Now, if only Taurus would make the same pistol in a .32 acp like the Tomcat it just might replace my LCP for carry:)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have the pt22 ply also and really like it. Mine does shoot off point of aim, but that is still consistent and now it is really natural to just aim it properly to compensate. I have only shot CCI mini mags so far, but it eats those up.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Hello and welcome to the best gun forum around....I have a PLY22 and really like it...ive found as long as you keep the breach/barrel very clean it shoots like a champ! I hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine! If you havent already, you might want to check out the Keltec p32... nice little gun!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! I actually had a P-32 for a little while. It is a great pistol, but I couldn't afford to shoot it much! The price of .32 auto is getting up there. I am able to find .380 for a good bit less than .32 so I made the switch. However, if I ever found a Tomcat - or if Taurus would make a PLY-32, I just might change back and work some more overtime to pay for the ammo!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Welcome aboard. I was just looking at that gun this morning on the Taurus site. I agree, a .32 or 380 would be very attractive firearm.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

I have a Berretta Model 21A and love it as a BUG. I like the sights on the PT22 much better, but like the option of SA/DA of the Berretta better, but when it comes time to use it will be up close and personal so the sights and SA/DA won't make any difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!! Lil Beaver - I have a 21A as well and love it too. I also found the sights on the PLY-22 to be much nicer, not to mention how it feels in the hand. The Taurus feels like a bigger pistol.

·
32,759 Posts
It is a bigger pistol in some ways. The functioning innards are in the back of the pistol for the most part. :) That's why the grip is a "bit fatter" compared to a Beretta 21A.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome Congrats on the new gun. I was thinking about the ply version when I bought my pt22. At the time, I didn't find one in my neck of the woods. I like my PT22, hope you enjoy yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts