Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,073 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun...and cheap fun!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the range report

Shot it a hundred rounds or so at 30' (standing, not on a rest) and could get groups like you see.

It shot at point of aim, fed and cycled well... Absolutely no issues using a couple of different types of high velocity bulk ammo

The trigger pull is fine... Not too gritty... Exactly 6lbs per my wheeler scale. Has a long reset however.

I was happy with how this rifle shouldered and aimed...and I could swing it easily from target to target (the new bold self healers)

Will give it a go at longer range next time out

Need to find a couple of more mags... They are scarce

Collage 2019-12-01 17_34_41_1575244293115.jpg IMG_01122019_173541_(575_x_1000_pixel)_1575244302799.jpg

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Always wanted one .had the m16 model the boys bought wore it out then took it with them lol is your a squire Bingham? Made in Philippines?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Looks like it might go on my list! $150 is a great price. I did some checking and around here they are $289+. Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like it might go on my list! $150 is a great price. I did some checking and around here they are $289+. Where did you buy it?
black dog guns and ammo in Marion IA

i see them online in many places for just over $150

$175 buds gun shop

some recently sold on gunbroker for $156

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always wanted one .had the m16 model the boys bought wore it out then took it with them lol is your a squire Bingham? Made in Philippines?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
armscor is the manufacturer... Yes, in the Philippines, branded as Rock Island Armory in the USA

not sure what squire Bingham is?

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Is the furniture actual wood or is it some type of wood colored plastic/polymer? Saw a review of one and the reviewer said the stock/grip/forward were plastic.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrats on your new heater that looks like a ton of fun. You have to get more mags. Is that revolver a 990 or 992? It is a good partner for your new long gun.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is the furniture actual wood or is it some type of wood colored plastic/polymer? Saw a review of one and the reviewer said the stock/grip/forward were plastic.
Butt stock is real Philippine wood--- (sounds like fine Corinthian leather 🙂 )has some grain to it... Looks and feels OK

I'll check the grip and foreend... I think both wood too

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Butt stock is real Philippine wood--- (sounds like fine Corinthian leather 🙂 )has some grain to it... Looks and feels OK

I'll check the grip and foreend... I think both wood too
Appears only the butt stock is wood - pistol grip and handguard faux wood ( hard plastic )

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I have been searching for one of these (RIA MAK22) for weeks to no avail. Every site I've checked (and I've check a BUNCH) lists them as out of stock. Either they are very popular or RIA just isn't making that many of them. Sure would like to find one.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Buds got the MAK22 back in stock. Ordered one today! $177.00. Should have it in a bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts