Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we recently made a trip to Round Rock, Texas for a State Special Olympics meet and while there the team scheduled dinner and bowling at a place inside Bass Pro so I am wandering around in the store and just happen to wind up at the gun counter as they had an XD .45 or 9mm Mod2 on sale but they were out of them so I asked to look at the Ruger Security 9 in the counter guy said good buy on that gun it is on sale for 349.99 I asked if I could use my Cabelas points on the purchase he called his manager and said sure why not. So I bought the gun out the door with tax for $271.18 now to just get time to get to the range for test fire. Good weekend new gun check, Daughters team won Silver medal for volleyball check, wife was happy with both Win Win.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Outstanding ! And I'm glad your daughter had a good time at the Special Olympics. Oh, and one other thing..... *ahem*

:nopics:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good for you supporting Special Olympics! I'm sure that means the world to your daughter.

Keep us informed, and let us know what you think after you've had it out to the range. For its price, the Security 9 is very highly thought of and uses a similar hammer firing mechanism that Walther gave the Creed, which is another well received pistol. Good to know about these pistols when we are talking to someone on a strict budget and wanting to buy something of Quality. I've never fired a Hi-Point, but because of mat'ls in their construction making them quite large compared to comparable pistols, the Security 9 seems like it could be a solid recommendation.;)

Reactions: Quade and twolfe55

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, as soon as I can find my phone chord ( wireless charging ) I will get some pictures in the site... I knew that little banner was coming my way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Orange So today was range trip day took the Security 9 and the Taurus G2C the replacement gun that had yet to be tested, I was shooting at 15 yards used a variety of ammo from Winchester, Remington, Blazer and Speer neither gun had any problems with FTF or FTE and both ate everything I fed them. The trigger on the Security 9 will take some getting used to as the reset is looong or seems that way as I have become used to the SAR B9P hammer fired and others that have a much shorter reset. All in all I really like the new guns and look forward to more range time with them. As for the picture hope it come out right, I tried earlier and the computer kept rotating the image. Of course if I were a better shot these targets would look like others I see on the site mine always look like a spry and pray moment.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts