Taurus Firearm Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Whoop-dee-doo, another striker-fire 9mm micro compact... I miss when Taurus used to try to innovate and released next/exciting firearms instead of just playing follow-the-leader with the latest boring trends. Sure, not everything they came up with was a hit, but at least it was interesting.

The modern firearms market has become so boring, so predictable... I miss when there were options, when firearms came chambered in more than one cartridge, when companies actually tried to compete by bringing something new to the table instead of just copying one another to the point that it might as well be the same gun with a different name stamped on it.

An assault rifle would have been cool, especially if it wasn't an AR Pattern rifle, but no, they're working on yet another 9mm micro compact pistol to join all the rest, with the only distinguishing feature is that it might cost slightly less than the competition.

I'm so sick of seeing nothing but 9mms too, I swear that at this point I wouod buy a brand new pistol chambered in .45 GAP just to support a company for releasing something other than 9mm or .22LR. I get that it's the most popular and that it makes Jello jiggle with the best of 'em, but come on, there are other cartridges, use 'em!
I've been thinking about another .40 again, but dang they are getting scarce!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
addressed to Dive Bum not YR Sued
The same could be said about Sig or Glock or any company for that matter , all I Hear is Taurus This or Taurus That , I Have had to send one Back and Ya Know the turn around time was reasonable , no one company as all that , NO ONE!!!! get the hell over your selves your 4 mins are up about whining about what Taurus did years ago, , Move On , or better yet go over to the Glock fan boys and fawn all over each other about their cracked frames , which they will deny ,
Im a Glock guy .. at times in my life , I have had up to 16 in my safe at one time .. I have 6 at this time ...
But ... My G2c is in my drawer and the Glocks are in my safe ... just a handy size .. crazy dependable
I lean toward revolvers... Im not a trigger snob ..
Im looking into getting either a Shield Plus or GX4 and a DVG . DVG for sure ... I miss my SCCY CPX’s of the past .. I bought two from PSA for $159.00 a piece .. gave one away .. and traded the other for something or another... I picked up a couple from KYGUNCO before that ..
I think the DVG will be what the P-11 should have been .. if Kel-tec would have been so inclined.. instead they discontinued it ...

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
I've been thinking about another .40 again, but dang they are getting scarce!
well FBI, most law enforcement moved away from them and the Military certainly isn't going to go there, soo thats the way it goes for a lot of people.
look at the AR, you likely couldn't have given it away if not for the military and its use in Viet nam, before then everyone would have laughed at a 22 rifle for defense/ hunting.
like so many calibers its a good candidate for defense but not now accepted as main stream it seems, same with the 357 Sig Sauer, I understand that even the Sky Marshalls have gone to the 9 MM.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
927 Posts
Crazy....can't see any frame pins or extractor roll pin anywhere on the exterior...I looked at the exploded parts schematic for the GX4 and it looks like maybe the disassembly pin (the one you turn to take off the slide) can come out, then the internal frame is lifted up from the front (the back of it could be simply 'hooked/held under' part of the grip) and then taken out. Interesting.

https://www.taurususa.com/Taurus_Manual_Taurus-GX4.pdf

Reactions: mj9mm and Buckeye!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Crazy....can't see any frame pins or extractor roll pin anywhere on the exterior...I looked at the exploded parts schematic for the GX4 and it looks like maybe the disassembly pin (the one you turn to take off the slide) can come out, then the internal frame is lifted up from the front (the back of it could be simply 'hooked/held under' part of the grip) and then taken out. Interesting.

https://www.taurususa.com/Taurus_Manual_Taurus-GX4.pdf
Being the internal steel frame (chassis) is where the serial number is .. makes me believe Taurus will be offering different size frames and slide and barrel lengths , Similar to the Sig P250 series

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I'll probably get one when it shows up in my local Rural King for $249.99...haven't gotten a p365 or any of the other competition yet. I do have an SCCY CPX2 and like it well enough, but that trigger! If this thing is as good as some of the reviews indicate (not talkin' Sootch here!) then that would be a welcome change.
Check out the SCCY DVG 1 .. striker fired ..
looks like starting at $ 275 ish

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Being the internal steel frame (chassis) is where the serial number is .. makes me believe Taurus will be offering different size frames and slide and barrel lengths , Similar to the Sig P250 series

OFFERING --and- having them in stock (EVER) are two different things however!---LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where is GX4 discussion going to go on an ongoing basis. It should be somewhere in "The Gun Shop", not here It's not in the Milenium line? Shove it in other pistols? It might me more important than that? Make it it's own subforum? It's likely going to be more important than the Spectrum and Curve, and they have their own subforums.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought a G3 and it's accurate and reliable. So far 250 rounds and no malfunctions. As to the GZ4, I think it will sell. The MSRP is just a bit over half of what I paid for a Hellcat. Just a Friendly hint. Be sure you want this type of gun. The Hellcat is just about perfect but I only carry it very occasionally. The CZ P-01 or CZ Compact is what I usually wear and prefer them.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I just bought a G3 and it's accurate and reliable. So far 250 rounds and no malfunctions. As to the GZ4, I think it will sell. The MSRP is just a bit over half of what I paid for a Hellcat. Just a Friendly hint. Be sure you want this type of gun. The Hellcat is just about perfect but I only carry it very occasionally. The CZ P-01 or CZ Compact is what I usually wear and prefer them.

It would be hard to bench my 856UL

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hadn't planned on getting the GX4, as I've got a Glock 43, went down P365 road pretty hard but found they weren't for me. Now that Taurus is entering this fray.... Ruger Max, Shield+, P365, Hellcat, WHO ELSE?..

Let's just say as soon as I saw the not included pinky extensions on Taurus Shop for $4.99, and the RSA for only $9.99, I place an order for two and one respectively. It won't be available near me in AZ anytime soon, but in case I run into it for a good price, I've already got what I want for it coming.

Taurus is BRINGING IT the last few years. I just love this company's new direction the last few years. Keep it goin, Taurus.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sootch has become a believer in Taurus and his reviews of the G-series have been very positive.He did a review of the GX4 which he loved. The only problem he had was that it shot 2" low. He may have had a pre-release model since he said he got it directly from Taurus
Have you ever seen a review where Sootch didn't like something?
You'd rave over things too if the companies sent them to you for free - and I say this as someone who watches Sootch's reviews, though not as often I used to (granted I don't watch any as often as I used to) and find them entertaining, but still know to take them (and all the others) with a grain (or 6) of salt...

Having said that, I hope Taurus has very few problems with these and sells a ton of them...

·
Registered
927 Posts
When I consider buying a gun, I also look at the level of customer service from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
indeed , always to THINK about a weapon before just jumping in and buying it, at least try to handle and more try to actually fire it first.
Myself i carried (and still do ) a CZ P-01 and it has been an amazing weapon as to function, reliability and accuracy, well past 9-K rounds now.
BUT I purchased a Sig 365 after a good bit of thinking, research, fondling and i must admit it gets carry 98% of the time now as it is a lot smaller, lighter, almost the same capacity, is accurate as can be and runs like a sewing machine so far.
I looked at and handled several of the mini 9 and the Sig ift me and my shooting style best of all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
indeed , always to THINK about a weapon before just jumping in and buying it, at least try to handle and more try to actually fire it first.
Myself i carried (and still do ) a CZ P-01 and it has been an amazing weapon as to function, reliability and accuracy, well past 9-K rounds now.
BUT I purchased a Sig 365 after a good bit of thinking, research, fondling and i must admit it gets carry 98% of the time now as it is a lot smaller, lighter, almost the same capacity, is accurate as can be and runs like a sewing machine so far.
I looked at and handled several of the mini 9 and the Sig ift me and my shooting style best of all.
I did my yearly LEOSA qualification this morning and one of retired LEO's had a 365. He fired the course with it and qualified 100%. He let me shoot a magazine with it and it's a fine gun indeed. It's no trouble get kill zone hit's with it at the 25 yard line. I do think it's a toss up between the SA Hellcat and the SIg. Both will do the job well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Held a GX4 today. Very nice firearm for sure. Very well built and feels great in hand. If I didn’t just purchase a G3c I would buy one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, my pinky extensions and RSA shipped the other day. Be here Saturday. Now I'm fully committed... if I ever find one locally. I don't buy guns online, just local stores only.

I'm excited because this gun is P365 size but fixes the one thing I couldn't reconcile, which was the small tiny grip on the P365. I loved the p365 and owned all 3 models at one point but just fell out of love with them due to draw consistency. This has the grip swell in it right where I need it.

Reactions: jwc007
81 - 100 of 116 Posts