Taurus Firearm Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts

hum--just realized my old keltec p11 -pf9 and sccy cpx 2 and 3 are about the same size as these new micro 9`s .
not as sophisticated of course but fairly close in capacity and weight --------------

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I'll probably get one when it shows up in my local Rural King for $249.99...haven't gotten a p365 or any of the other competition yet. I do have an SCCY CPX2 and like it well enough, but that trigger! If this thing is as good as some of the reviews indicate (not talkin' Sootch here!) then that would be a welcome change.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Here's a different review:

·
Registered
950 Posts
View attachment 479180 Best $110 bucks spent on a firearm... its sliced bread with butter 🧈
.....And this is how one bad firearm gives all of the same model a bad name to the company. MY 738 was a POS and one repair nightmare after another, and yet thousands of other owners, like yourself had a good one. Every gun made can have the same story told over and over of how really good it was...till ONE bad one comes around.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'll probably get one when it shows up in my local Rural King for $249.99...haven't gotten a p365 or any of the other competition yet. I do have an SCCY CPX2 and like it well enough, but that trigger! If this thing is as good as some of the reviews indicate (not talkin' Sootch here!) then that would be a welcome change.
Sootch has become a believer in Taurus and his reviews of the G-series have been very positive.He did a review of the GX4 which he loved. The only problem he had was that it shot 2" low. He may have had a pre-release model since he said he got it directly from Taurus

·
Registered
548 Posts
.....And this is how one bad firearm gives all of the same model a bad name to the company. MY 738 was a POS and one repair nightmare after another, and yet thousands of other owners, like yourself had a good one. Every gun made can have the same story told over and over of how really good it was...till ONE bad one comes around.
Exactly, but it's hilarious listening to Glock-fanboys deny that Gaston's Fantastic Plastic has had any reliability issues.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not into this whole 'red dot optics' fad.
Although I Have some red dots ADE & Sig Romeo Zero, I get you, On a defensive weapon it seems to be more to fumble with , I Have Armalite lasers on Mine , I Like the activation feature of these as opposed to Viridien , touch vs Button , trying to aquire a sight with a red dot vs a Laser on target , laser is quicker , for me at least, in a real world event I dont think you would have the time to aquire sight that quickly, , running or moving ,but a red dot on a target , again for me would be quicker m

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you tested the G3 system?? I have shot thousands of rounds in testing without a hitch.
addressed to Dive Bum not YR Sued
The same could be said about Sig or Glock or any company for that matter , all I Hear is Taurus This or Taurus That , I Have had to send one Back and Ya Know the turn around time was reasonable , no one company as all that , NO ONE!!!! get the hell over your selves your 4 mins are up about whining about what Taurus did years ago, , Move On , or better yet go over to the Glock fan boys and fawn all over each other about their cracked frames , which they will deny ,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sootch has become a believer in Taurus and his reviews of the G-series have been very positive.He did a review of the GX4 which he loved. The only problem he had was that it shot 2" low. He may have had a pre-release model since he said he got it directly from Taurus
We all did get it from Taurus and mine shoots POA, so there might be an issue with ammo too.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Of course, it has been widely publicized. Taurus sent emails announcing it’s introduction some time ago. If you want more information, check YouTube for reviews of it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Interesting choice of name for that pistol.
I have a G43X.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think it's in the gun shops yet, but it's all over YouTube.

I saw several reviews, and they seem pretty good.
Once the price gets down to the low $300s it could become a hit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Of course, it has been widely publicized. Taurus sent emails announcing it’s introduction some time ago. If you want more information, check YouTube for reviews of it.
Has any Taurus release had this many youtube vids drop on the same day? There must have been 10 show up on my homepage before Taurus emailed me their vid. I hope they spent as much on R&D for the little bugger as they do promoting it.

·
22,981 Posts
I don't really want a 9mm that's smaller than a G3 or Kimber micro 9. Heck, my PT740 slim was tough for follow up shots until I made it bigger with a grip extender baseplate. And making the smallest possible >10-shot 9mm and then screwing a schooner's sail to the top seems.... contradictory. In terms of marketing and brand positioning I see why Taurus wanted to do this, but improving customer service would have been the better move. A lifetime warranty when that's about how long it takes to get a gun back when you send it in?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I find it interesting, but I already bought a 365XL. Those magazines for the GX4 are really similar to the 12 round magazines for the standard 365, including the lip groove placement. The XL has a flat grip opening that the entire baseplate recesses into the gun.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Considering that both SIG and Taurus use Mec-Gar magazines, I wouldn't doubt that there are similarities.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 116 Posts