Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
G3/TX22
195 Posts
Hey everyone. I just got an email from Taurus with a link to this YT video teasing what looks like a new pistol.

Anyone know what it is?
Taurus competitor for the P365/Hellcat/Max-9/Shield Plus?
Just got the same email. Yes, a micro 9mm would be the logical choice. It will be interesting to see.

·
Premium Member
5,140 Posts
From the Taurus web site:
The GX4 microcompact pistol is expected to launch simultaneously in the United States and Brazil next April, and should be preceded by a major marketing campaign, as was done with the G3c.

By the way, the launch of G3c in the USA in June 2020 was compared to that of a new iPhone model, having sold out in about an hour and featured long lines on the sidewalks.
I guess they think they were responsible for the long lines at gun stores last summer!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm not overly excited about red-dot sights either, but if the GX4 is designed like my Ruger Max-9 it could be a winner. The iron sights on the Max can easily be seen through the RD which makes acquisition extremely quick. I'm looking forward to the 19th.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Seems to me that Taurus should really concentrate on fixing their CS problems and QA problems before releasing a new firearm. A new gun is great. But if it doesn't work or the owner can't get if fixed in a reasonable amount of time, it's not anything about which to get excited. YMMV

·
8,872 Posts
Looks like the Pittman trigger design, and striker fired. I agree probably Taurus's answer to the micro fad. We'll see...

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seems to me that Taurus should really concentrate on fixing their CS problems and QA problems before releasing a new firearm. A new gun is great. But if it doesn't work or the owner can't get if fixed in a reasonable amount of time, it's not anything about which to get excited. YMMV
Have you tested the G3 system?? I have shot thousands of rounds in testing without a hitch.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Have you tested the G3 system?? I have shot thousands of rounds in testing without a hitch.
I have not spent a lot of time with the G3. I don't own one, but have fired a couple belonging to friends. But then, I'm not talking about the G3 specifically. I'm talking about the Taurus generally. Have you had experience with the recall situation or their customer service? I have 4 other Taurus handguns, all of which have been reliable. But do some research on this forum. The complaints and criticisms are valid.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Whoop-dee-doo, another striker-fire 9mm micro compact... I miss when Taurus used to try to innovate and released next/exciting firearms instead of just playing follow-the-leader with the latest boring trends. Sure, not everything they came up with was a hit, but at least it was interesting.

The modern firearms market has become so boring, so predictable... I miss when there were options, when firearms came chambered in more than one cartridge, when companies actually tried to compete by bringing something new to the table instead of just copying one another to the point that it might as well be the same gun with a different name stamped on it.

An assault rifle would have been cool, especially if it wasn't an AR Pattern rifle, but no, they're working on yet another 9mm micro compact pistol to join all the rest, with the only distinguishing feature is that it might cost slightly less than the competition.

I'm so sick of seeing nothing but 9mms too, I swear that at this point I wouod buy a brand new pistol chambered in .45 GAP just to support a company for releasing something other than 9mm or .22LR. I get that it's the most popular and that it makes Jello jiggle with the best of 'em, but come on, there are other cartridges, use 'em!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts