Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally bit the bullet, so to speak, and will be picking up a brand new GLOCK 44 on Wednesday at my club. Got to shoot one the club had ( I wasn't aware they had one..) and loved the little thing.
I am aware of it's shortcomings being a tad finicky regarding choice of ammo but as our main supply, both at the club and locally, is CCI MiniMags it should be fine. I also know about the care needed when loading mags. That said you'd be hard pressed to find any .22LR ammo lighter than 40 grains over here.

Now I know just what you guys pay for your firearms in the US so, hoping you're all sitting down, this Glock 44 is going to set me back the equivalent of...

$953.00

Based on that I'd emigrate in a heartbeat if I wasn't so damn old..!! 馃槶

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bass Pro Shops have them listed at $399.99.

Perhaps they have to charter an entire shipping container ship to being it over??
Simple fact is they convert Dollars to Pounds Sterling then add 20% VAT (Value Added Tax) and a 'little on the side' for the distributor.

Premium Member
Simple fact is they convert Dollars to Pounds Sterling then add 20% VAT (Value Added Tax) and a 'little on the side' for the distributor.
That 'little on the side' can get a guy in a bit of trouble. ;)

Congrats! Let us know how it does at the range.

Super Moderator
You're never too old to emigrate. I'll be leaving ILLinois for Georgia in the Fall. Congratulations of the new Glock!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Registered
You're never too old to emigrate. I'll be leaving ILLinois for Georgia in the Fall. Congratulations of the new Glock!
What part of Georgia? And I heard they ruled y鈥檃ll鈥檚 FIOD law unconstitutional....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
'Added Value' my _ _ _.

Nothing was added to the pistol except the price. VAT = just another tax. Pretty soon they'll figure out how many breaths the average person takes during the course of their lifetime and hit us each with an 'Atmospheric Use' tax.

Registered
Illinois ruled the FOID unconstitutional. Georgia never had them, as far as I know.
Yes. I was referring to his current state. Illinois. I frequent Georgia almost weekly by air and a couple times a year by ground. I keep up with their laws as much as possible.....

Registered
Yes. I was referring to his current state. Illinois. I frequent Georgia almost weekly by air and a couple times a year by ground. I keep up with their laws as much as possible.....

My bad. Poor reading comprehension on my part.

Registered
Just so you guys know!
Grammar Police.jpg

Reactions: morrcarr67

Registered
$900+ not too bad. For comparison i am paying $950 for an old used 1911 that i'll probably be buying late next month ( if the CMP keeps up their rate of processing RGN's馃榿)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$900+ not too bad. For comparison i am paying $950 for an old used 1911 that i'll probably be buying late next month ( if the CMP keeps up their rate of processing RGN's馃榿)
My Ruger SR1911 9mm LWT Commander set me back the the equivalent of $1650.00..!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts