Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first pistol light - it is an AIM Sports 150 lumen sub-compact pistol light. I purchased it off Amazon for 28 bucks shipped. I got it for my PT111 Millennium G2 9mm for use at night as my bedside pistol. Seems like a very nice high quality unit. It features a made in USA Cree LED 150 lumen bulb, which is great for use around the house. Really lights up a room with a large round flood of light with a small center hot spot that works similar to a laser. Put that hot spot beam on your target and pull the trigger. Has an aluminum body, and utilizes a rubber gasket inside the screw off front battery compartment making it water resistant. Spring loaded easy on/off attachment for your picatinny rail. The power button is on the bottom in a perfect location, at least for me, for activation with my off hand index finger. Comes with three different colored lenses along with the clear lens, and also a CR2 battery and extra gasket. Crazy good deal. Here are some pics:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

Light Photography Tool Flashlight

Airsoft Tool Machine

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Take it to the range and put some rounds through it. I've had lights come loose from recoil even when they felt secured in the notch otherwise.
Also turn it on while you shoot and see if it can handle the recoil or if it shuts off. As an HD gun you don't want to figure this out during the real thing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it to the range and put some rounds through it. I've had lights come loose from recoil even when they felt secured in the notch otherwise.
Also turn it on while you shoot and see if it can handle the recoil or if it shuts off. As an HD gun you don't want to figure this out during the real thing.
Yes, absolutely, I plan on doing just that. Will report back...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am not trying to rain on a parade, but I do feel it is important to ask this question again...

After reading reviews, it seemed that the glowing reviews were from those who didn't actually shoot with it on the pistol. The one star reviews were from users who actually tested it. There are two different listings for the same light, and both versions have negative reviews that state the same problem.

Did you test whether or not it actually continues to function after it experiences recoil?

If it truly does work, it is a good value. If not, I don't want anything to happen to you if you are depending on that light.

Search Amazon for B005N83PEW and B00551H96W and read all the reviews... especially the one-star reviews... before you buy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The owners reviews seem to be extremely positive. I think I'm gonna get me one. ;)
Yes, I saw that too before purchasing mine. You can add my name to the satisfied owners list...finally made it out for a quick range session and the light performed flawlessly. The recoil had no effect on the light...it stayed secure, and the beam never flinched in 50 rounds of shooting.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Nope, its not. Haven't been back to the range yet. I'm not one of these guys that goes every week or even every month. I'll let you know when I know...
If you don't go shooting very often, make one of the times you go shooting to be at the get together at Milford Hills in Johnson Creek

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yes, I saw that too before purchasing mine. You can add my name to the satisfied owners list...finally made it out for a quick range session and the light performed flawlessly. The recoil had no effect on the light...it stayed secure, and the beam never flinched in 50 rounds of shooting.
I just wanted confirmation from someone. These are cheap enough to have two.

THANK YOU!!!

(you tested the longer version, right?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts