Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having trouble getting to the range as much as I like since mom has pretty much gone into full invalid status. I can still get out on the back porch, though, and I got a sale add from Sportsman's Guide with a nice little Gamo resetting pellet trap. $25 struck me as a pretty darn good price too - Amazon wants $37.19 for 'em. I snapped one up, and it should be on the way shortly. Just passin' it along to any other pellet gun enthusiasts - Gamo Rocker pellet trap

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty slick. Was looking at them a while back. Please let us know how it works out. Thanks.
Will do. I like the one's that have the automatic reset when you hit the center target. I'm getting old and lazy, and I swear the ground keeps getting farther and farther away, even though I seem to be shrinking. I'm starting to make the same noises my dad did every time I bend over. :D

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I have a pellet trap in my basement for those moments when I have to kill something NOW. I have a Crossman CO2 pellet rifle that's surprising accurate at 7-yards, and a Colt Python (I think) replica CO2 pistol that can at least hit the trap.

Reactions: dbeardslee

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was telling my brother (who lives next door) that I ordered this thing. I told him I'd give his boy some shooting lessons, and that I'd just set the trap between us and use his house for a backstop. The look on his face was priceless. :D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks like a decent trap, I wonder how it will hold up to the hard hitters.

I've got a Gamo cone trap that my Crosman 2260 pounds the snot out of. I won't even try my other .22 pellet rifle (Benjamin Titan NP) on that Gamo trap. I think the trap would blow out its rear panels eventually. Gamo Cone Pellet Trap, Collapsible, 100 Paper Targets. Metal.

This non-trap resetting target withstands the heavy hitters just fine, though. Birchwood Casey Gallery Resetting Airgun Target. Metal.

This is where the state of my twenty year old Gamo may be a blessing. When it was new it would drive regular pellets at 1100 fps, and it would shoot through all kinds of stuff. Over time the spring has weakened, and it squeeks 'em out at 850 fps now. Should be fine, but if it's not I can live with it. My brother ain't gonna get near it with the 22 cal RWS Model 54 side cocker I sold him, though.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pellet trap came in today, and it works as advertised. The targets are pretty small, but that just makes it more challenging. Looks like Chico was right too - after a little practice I've got some pretty good dents in the back of it. I'm going to pound them out and add some reinforcement, but for what it is I'm satisfied. I was shooting at about ten feet, and it isn't sending any lead back at me, so that's always nice. Pretty cool so far.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I may look into it myself, looks like fun

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'm going to take some 3/4" plywood and screw it to the back of mine. Should be sufficient reinforcement to keep it from dinging. It's definitely fun.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We used to use a heavy plastic frisbee. Hang it on the wall, paper target attached with tape and the beveled edges kept the BB's in the frisbee. Pretty cheap.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I took a large plastic storage container I had, put a sheet of thin steel plate in the bottom, then covered that with an inch thick layer of plumbers putty. Works great! No ricochets cause they all stay in the putty, I hang paper targets from a piece of wire that I run from one side to the other, and it's wide enough to hang about 4 targets. Saw some plans to make this out of wood online and thought why not a big tub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts