Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone patterned the Sellier Bellot 410 Personal Defense Ammo that has one 000 Buck Pellet followed by 15 BB's in a 2" Public Defender? It can be found in stock and cheaper than CrDef, PDX or Fed 000 at Classic Firearms $19.45/25rds. Isnt a BB the same as 0 Buck, substantial enough to wound but still a limited number <15 to patch in the drywall afterwards.

I'm a city boy and dont think my local indoor ranges will let me test it as they are restricted to solid projectiles versus buckshot. I am envisioning a 6-8" diameter pattern at 5yds and less than 15-20" at 10yds? If so, I am thinking that the SB410PDA would be a great option for the first 2 rounds followed by 3 rounds of Hornady CrDef 45Colt as my PD Poly will be a bedside gun.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Every last ammo test that I have seen with shot smaller than 00 Buckshot has been underwhelming. Small shot spreads out like crazy and penetrates pitifully.

I suggest checking out some of the .410 ammo tests performed by ShootingtheBull410 on YouTube, he uses a Public Defender for most of his tests too, so the results should be 1:1.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
Drywall's cheap, last thing to worry about in a home invasion scenario. When I first got my Judge Mag, I tried all the Gucci SD rounds...Buck & BB, Disc & BB, etc and never thought about 'em again...:dunno:...can't imagine a situation where they'd be good for anything. You're limited with a PD but I say pure 000 Buck loads are your best bet for shot shells. I use 3" 5-pellet, which puts five .27 caliber pellets (if I did the conversion right) within an 8" target at 20-30 feet. One shot, five holes is hard to beat.

BTW...:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts