Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Newellton, Louisiana. I'm 28 with a wife, 7 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy.
This is why I say I'm a part-owner: I stumbled across your site while looking for help with a problem and decided to join. I just bought a blued Taurus PT-92 from a local gun shop,shot 10 rounds through it, dropped the clip and swabbed the barrel. I picked it up again later to show my brother -in-law and pulled the slide back to make sure it was unloaded. When I let the slide go, the hammer fell back to the half-cock position. I carried it back to the gun shop and let the guy look at it and he said I would have to send it back to Taurus. I called Taurus after I sent it Fed-Ex and they told me that it was logged in December 11 and would take 6 to 8 weeks before I get it back, so as of the moment I am Taurus un-armed. Hopefully they can fix it pretty quick. Hate to be griping right off the bat.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Well first..
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Sorry to hear about your gun...
Hope that is not your only one :-\

I only have one Taurus handgun and would be bummed if i had to send it back also.
If you haven't checked yet..go to the "Complaints Section"
you will see that many members have had issues on things, but overall it all worked out for them..

Your post is fine, doesn't sound like griping at all, sounds more like a guy being bummed out..
You will find alot of support in here...we have great members and fantastic staff.... :)

so jump in and have some fun..keep us updated on your gun also ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome to forum. My 92 has been dead on reliable with almost 1000 through it so far. Sorry to hear you are having issues. Wondered what part-owner was all about.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. Good luck with your repairs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here's a Michigan hello to go along with the others.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard from the sandpile. Sorry to about the problems with your PT92. It's rare that they have a problem. The only problem with mine was low shooting, but that seems to have worked itself out by about 5-600 rounds. It does have one other problem, though. It's appetite is voracious and it eats everything I feed it.
Good luck and enjoy the forum.

·
Administrator
18,113 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear of your PT92's problem!
Hope you get it back soon!

My PT92 has been excellent, with some 23,000 rounds thru it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts