Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a new Para GI on layaway today at the LGS, It was a little more than buds ( about $15 ) but he is throwing in a box of bullets with it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Nice ...

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
Put a new Para GI on layaway today at the LGS, It was a little more than buds ( about $15 ) but he is throwing in a box of bullets with it.
hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine, extremely good tooling on my GI Expert.
heres a real picture with stock and add on grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
Here is a photo of the NIB GI EXPERT I picked up last week. Mine has the aftermarket Hogue grips on it. Allows for a good grasp of the gun. Haven't had the chance to fire it yet, but very impressed with the fit and finish.

Click the pic and watch it grow!
P1280002.jpg

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Congrats :) Ever since they moved production to the US I've wanted one, it's not major but it's on my list.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Tried to sell my Warthog 1045 a few months ago. Couldn't get what I wanted for it so I said forget it. Took it out to the range a couple of times recently and fell in love all over again.

Great little high capper if you get used to the grip girth. Decent recoil, accurate for a 3".

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
I have come so close to buying a Warthog so many times it is unreal. Then I stop and do some internet research and find a bunch of post dealing with the Warthog stove-piping, FTE or FTF and become afraid to spend the money just incase I get one of the bad ones. I know that these problems don't apply to all of this model, but there seems to be enough bad press to scare me off. This is one of the reasons I picked up the GI Expert, to become alittle more familar with the Para brand.

Of course these problems seen to be in great number with a few of the ultra 3" compact 1911 models....like the Springfield Armory Ultra Compact V10...which I purchased new as of recent and an having these same problems.....and it sucks given the price the gun cost.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Awe....wish I had one to show off....Maybe Santa will suprise me next Christmas!!!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Sweet pistol! Para's 1911s are some of the best out there. Can't wait to see some pics and a range report!

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
Tried to sell my Warthog 1045 a few months ago. Couldn't get what I wanted for it so I said forget it. Took it out to the range a couple of times recently and fell in love all over again.
Great little high capper if you get used to the grip girth. Decent recoil, accurate for a 3".
Yep, I have shot a few of them and like them as a tote gun, the newer models I like better than the older ones.
but the stacked mag makes for a fat boy grip and some will not like the recoil, they work for me!
I imagine that i have ran 50-80 rounds through different peoples "warties" and never had a function problem with them.
I like the springer V-10 as well, no recoil at all from it, but as with most ported weapons that front sight disappears very quickly after a few shots.
only shot a couple of the V-10's.

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
I must have tunnel vision, I don't notice the barrel ports exhaust when I fire my V10..unless I make a mental note to watch for it. I just hope that the problem I am having with getting the slide to move all the way forward will clear soon. I really don't want to be sending this in for any warranty work. Now my Colt Defender .45 has been flawless, a pure piece of ammo sucking pleasure that is D/A accurate time and time again.

I am getting ready to go grab my PARA and head down to the ranch and try it out. I'll report back later this evening on how she worked out.

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
I must have tunnel vision, I don't notice the barrel ports exhaust when I fire my V10..unless I make a mental note to watch for it. I just hope that the problem I am having with getting the slide to move all the way forward will clear soon. I really don't want to be sending this in for any warranty work. Now my Colt Defender .45 has been flawless, a pure piece of ammo sucking pleasure that is D/A accurate time and time again.
QUOTE]

HMM! the two V-10's that i shot had factory fiber optic front sights on them, that is what i was speaking of , they get blackened very quickly from the ports exhaust and so might as well have been regular black sights.

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
QUOTE]

HMM! the two V-10's that i shot had factory fiber optic front sights on them, that is what i was speaking of , they get blackened very quickly from the ports exhaust and so might as well have been regular black sights.
Were the two you fired the new poly pistols that are labeled as V10s or the original all metal old school V10 pistols? Mine is the all metal stainless and does not have fiber optic front sites..only the white dot.

As for the range report....It Sucked, drove all the way down only to discover it had rained pretty good last night. I couldn't get in to do any range firing. What makes it even worse is, I took along my Taurus 4" .500 s&w Mag to shoot for the first time. Guess that will happen at a later date in the future....lol !!

·
Banned
893 Posts
I like how para looks and wanted a hawg but I will not buy a weapon that is not forged.

congrats and enjoy, the waiting is the sucky part.

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
Were the two you fired the new poly pistols that are labeled as V10s or the original all metal old school V10 pistols? Mine is the all metal stainless and does not have fiber optic front sites..only the white dot.
QUOTE]

They were the metal framed weapons, actually I didn't know there was a new V-10, I thought they had discontinued the weapon in whole actually.
IF I got one i would want the metal version for sure.

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
I like how para looks and wanted a hawg but I will not buy a weapon that is not forged.

congrats and enjoy, the waiting is the sucky part.
HMM? so you don't like Ruger firearms then??
Personally i would tkae the Ruger SR1911 over a good many forged 1911's that are on the market, but thats what makes the world go round.

·
Banned
893 Posts
no sir I wouldn't own a ruger 1911. I think they are fine weapons but wouldn't own their 1911. It is just a requirement I expect in a firearm.

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
QUOTE]

They were the metal framed weapons, actually I didn't know there was a new V-10, I thought they had discontinued the weapon in whole actually.
IF I got one i would want the metal version for sure.
I did a search on GB awhile back and a bunch of poly pistols came up in the search. Seems SA has revived the V10 name plate on a poly model. As for me when it comes to a V10 I'll stick with the all metal versions. I own 2 different V10s, one is a Springfield the other is under the hood of my Ford F-250

1 - 20 of 25 Posts