Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home the m605 I've been wanting for quite a while. And I'm not in the doghouse with my wife; she was with me when I bought it. Things are good in Mfrank84ville. I'd post a picture of it but don't know how.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. I have the 605B2 and love it. Now get out there and do some shooting! And if you need some advice about accessories, just ask.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations on your new 605. It's a great revolver that will give you many years of reliable service!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Forgot to ask. Blue or SS? 2inch or 3?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats a really nice gun! Your going to love it.........

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to ask. Blue or SS? 2inch or 3?
2" Stainless. I can't wait to get to the range and shoot it. Another bonus is that all the holsters for my wife's m85 fits it like a glove. This my first .357 so any opinions on ammo would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
2" Stainless. I can't wait to get to the range and shoot it. Another bonus is that all the holsters for my wife's m85 fits it like a glove. This my first .357 so any opinions on ammo would be appreciated.
Taurus® regulates ALL of its' 357 Magnum revolvers to shoot to point of aim (POA) with 158gr ammunition. Consequently, I venture to say you will probably have the best accuracy, whether 357 Magnum or 38 Special; using this weight ammunition. You can shoot all 38 Special standard pressure, +P, and +P+ ammunition; and 357 Magnum ammunition in your gun.

For range and practice ammunition I recommend the following..........
38 SPL 158 Grain Full Metal Jacket Flat
357 MAG 158 Grain Full Metal Jacket Flat

The reason I recommend these two loads is because that is what Taurus® uses to regulate their guns. Additionally this ammo is realatively inexpensive. For defensive ammunition you should first decide how you wish to go, whether with 38 Special or 357 Magnum. Obviously 357 Magnum is the more powerful. That power comes at a cost however, specifically; far greater muzzle blast and recoil than with 38 Special. Furthermore you have a much longer "Return to Battery"; which is recovery from recoil and sights back on target (or on the perp). If you shoot 357 Magnum ammo inside a building or your home, you will lose your hearing for a week! Using 38 Special ammo, even in +P loading; is much better IMHO. You will have a far faster "Return to Battery", and far less recoil and muzzle blast. Only you can decide which load to use. I have a 669SS4CP, 617SS2, 605SS3, and a 605SS2 and I carry the following defensive ammunition..........
Standard Pressure Short Barrel Low Flash Heavy .38 Special Pistol & Handgun Ammunition
Heavy .38 Special +P Pistol & Handgun Ammunition
Tactical Short Barrel Lower Recoil Low Flash 357 Magnum Pistol & Handgun Ammunition
Speer® 357 Mag 158gr GDHP
357 Magnum 158 Grain Semi Jacketed Hollow Point

We have a very large amount of Cougar and Black Bear here in WA state. Consequently I carry the following load for "Critter Defense"..........
Heavy 357 Magnum Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

Reactions: Slakev

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice addition, badge851 identified some good ammo choices. The best advice is pick up several types and see which you shoot the best with and that should be your choice.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1st things, 1st... m605s are just like any other gun. It loves to eat and be fired....
2nd, follow this thread... http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/faqs/62699-how-do-i-post-pictures.html

Can't wait to see the new addition!!!!
Whodog, I feel like a complete idiot because I'm not getting the whole photobucket thing. I'm lucky I can post on this site. I've read some of the info graciously posted by others members as to how to post a picture but it's just not clicking with me yet. I'm still trying.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
That's okay... I usually just take cellphone photos that I transfer to my desktop and then, using the advanced features of replying, I just add the photo as an attachment... Havn't used photobucket in over a year, because I had a hard time w/ it also...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts