Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this one today....standard fare SIG P365. I did pick up a third magazine for it, a 12 rounder, to go along with the two 10 rounders that came with the pistol.

Going to the range with it in the morning, and will try to post up a report. ;)

·
Administrator
19,039 Posts
Congratulations on your new Sig P365 and may it serve you well! :cool::)

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol!

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This little 9mm is great! Here are the results of my range visit this morning:

The sights are very good, the trigger is better than most, and the grip frame keeps the gun planted in the hand. In spite of the pinky finger going off the reservation with the standard 10 round magazine, with the flat base pad, I still shot it pretty good. The 10 rounder with the pinky extension helped, and the 12 rounder was no problems.

It ran 100% with everything from 115 grain ball to 147 grain Speer Gold Dots. I have other pistols that won't run the Gold Dots very well, so this really surprised me...in a good way!

I did my shooting from 25 feet, at a steady two-second cadence. I tended to push my shots to the right, using my left hand, but not too shabby for the off-hand.

The safety was positive to use on both sides of the gun, and I like how my thumbs hit it to engage it on or off. I have some pistols without an external safety, but I tend to prefer them myself.

I like this pistol a lot, and am now saving up a bit to be able to buy the XL version of this gun...Lord willing, a few months away!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had bought a SIG Sauer P365 a few years ago to carry it in the hot Texas summers but it has pretty much replaced my Glock 19. I carry in an IWB holster and regularly practice drawing from concealment and have a problem getting a positive grip on the gun with the 10rd mags. The 12 round magazines help me to get a grip on the gun and the 15 round mags are my favorites. The timer shows that there is a real difference.

·
Registered
37,842 Posts
congrats!
I replaced my trusty CZ P-01 with a 365 several months back, it is just as reliable so far as the CZ has been.
I test any weapon prior to carry with 6-7 different self defense projectiles and the 365 ate everything just like the CZ did, same with the standard range ammo.
the only reason that i replaced the CZ was the 365 is lighter. smaller and easier o carry, but I have no problems carrying the CZ, actually any of my CZ in a heart beat.
I am around 2-K rounds through the 365 now.
accuracy out to 15 yards for me with the 365 is more than acceptable. enjoy!

Sleeve Line Art Rectangle Font
Product Font Handwriting Line Circle

·
Registered
101 Posts
Never shoot the 365, but I’ve got a hellcat that’s probably pretty similar and like it. I put a hogue beavertail on mine to widen the grip a little. You might give that a shot on your 365. Nice gun though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts