Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a gunshop yesterday looking around because my wife told me she would buy me handgun for my birthday. I have had a hankering for a XD SC in 9mm or .40 but unfortunally she really did not want to spend that much over 300.
I had been looking for awhile and every time i picked up the PIII 9mm it felt so nice in my hands.
Well i offered one of my 10/22s for trade (Im a 10.22 nut) got 175 for it and whalla 252 out the door tax and everything. well not out the door I wanted a .40 so it should be here tommorow. So i think im getting a brand new PT140(Correct me if im wrong)
I have a few questions.

1. Mostly im picking this up for my CCW main carry. I have seen many posts on the sites on these handguns. I usually plink with my Colt targetsmen, and Cobra .38s snub so i might have to get used to the new sites is it a hard learning curv?

2. I see alot of people replace the sites with nice nitesites or the fire ones. Does this change it from a 8 site to a 6?(Hopefully i understood what i read about 8 and 6)

3. Ive seen a few posts about using the 24/7 .40 mags for the pt140 and it sounds like i can but i would like to make perfectly shur as i looked at a post where somone had to take one to the gunsmith to get it taken out.

4. One of the ways i get ammo is a local gunshop where a reloader sells ammo at a very nice price and gives $ off if you bring in spent casings off his already low price. In the few cases where a reload caused a break in a gun it has voided warrentys on those guns. Is this the same for Taurus? i see that reloading is encurages in the FAQ. Im just a bit scared because besides my 10/22s this will be my first hangun i have purchased.

Thanks much i was happy to find out that there is a forum devoted to Taurus owners. I frequent rimfirecenteral alot.
Tommorow around 1 cant come soon enough!!!

Will

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I will be spending my lunch picking it up and heading to the range for hopefully 50 shots. Lucky i am the range and store are both within a mile from my work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KK all 15 shots i got to shoot on my lunch were great. wish i had more time! ahh well. After the first 5 shots being about 5 inches low i ajusted and kept everything in my 6 inch target
I love it
my hand is used to 9mm i will have to get used to this .40

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.