Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first 9mm pistol. I have mainly been shooting a ruger 22/45 semi-auto and many various rifles. I started my search for a pistol with the one thta I grew up shooting...a Glock 19. I loved that pistol, but was shopping one day and stumbled upon a pt809 for $300 new OTD. I couldn't pass up the deal and now have a love affair with this pistol. I bought it a few weeks ago and have put about 300 rounds through it. It shoots so well...and so fast once you get used to the trigger. I have had one light strike of a primer, but was able to simply double strike and keep on going(not something that happens with a Glock).

My first day out with the gun was great and I have attached some pictures of my best slow fire targer. This is 17 rounds at 7 yards. I was also pleasently surprised to be able to place double taps right next to each other with ease.

downsize.jpg downsize_2.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
welcome from mississippi... let me know how it does after a few more hundred rounds i have had my eye on the 840 for some time

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A big Mississippi welcome to you, and congrats on your new PT809!

$300 was a fantastic deal on your pistol. :D

Whether you’re seeking info on Taurus pistols and revolvers, reloading tips, concealed carry suggestions, or general handgun safety, cleaning, and handling, you‘ll find it all right here at TaurusArmed.net.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, that is some nice shooting from a new gun.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome to the best forum going (imho).
I looked very seriously at the 809 before winding up with a PT 99. I wanted a range gun, so I went with the 99 and the 5" barrel. From your group, looks like the 809 would make a fine range gun.

Please enjoy this place, folks here are pretty friendly and quite respectful.

·
Administrator
39,731 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA......

Nice Shooting......

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts