Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new owner of the millenium pro 9mm (just bought one from academy). I am not too familiar with handgun but after reading a lot, I decided on this one. Anyways, I haven't shot it yet, and surely look forward to shooting it next monday. Just one question though, I have no idea what the key lock can do, because I lock the gun with the keys, but I can still pull the slide back and pull the trigger. Can someone shine a light on it?

btw first time posting, so sorry if this have been addressed before

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also another question, i looked up my serial number on tarsus site and nothing showed, anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dont think you are supposed to be able to do that.

I never have used the lock, but I am pretty sure it is supposed to lock up everything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On my PT111, the lock will not turn with the safety off or the striker cocked. The only way to engage the key lock is to clear the weapon, release the safety, dry fire (pull the trigger) to "decock" the striker, and re-engage the safety before turning the lock. Once the lock is engaged, nothing should move: the slide and trigger should both be locked.

If you are able to turn the lock without accomplishing these steps, I suspect your lock is broken. You can check for this. Disassemble the gun as you would for cleaning. With the barrel and slide off the frame, turn the lock and watch for the "hook" to rotate up from the frame. If that doesn't happen, you have a broken lock.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
As for the S/N on the Taurus website, I don't think they will ever get that updated. So many people here have looked up their gun's S/N and with little success.

·
Administrator
40,562 Posts
Recent years are apparently not entered yet, but I did get results on a pistol I bought back in 1991. :-\

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln.
Smokewagon said:
Recent years are apparently not entered yet, but I did get results on a pistol I bought back in 1991. :-\
I guess I won't bother to look for the PT92 I got last month until 2025 then. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eeyore, hey thanks for the instruction, i followed what you said and the lock works. I decock by pulling the trigger, then engage the safety before locking. After locking it, I can disengage the safety, but can't pull the trigger. Thanks for the info.

btw u said nothing should move after the gun is locked, well I can still disengage the manual safety, but yeah the slide and trigger won't move

1 - 8 of 8 Posts