Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to chime in, I just traded in my PT145 for a PT745 to make it slightly more comfortable to carry. I also went from a blue to stainless model and am certainly more impressed with the metal work on the stainless. I have not been to the range yet, and may not make it until next Friday or Saturday but am looking forward to it. I will report then as I will be throwing mostly the cheap stuff (Blazer Brass) through it.

I had many similar problems with my PT145 - a variety of FTFs mostly. I found a great article on the KTOG (KelTec Owners Group) forum about initial prep of a new gun. I cant find the article link right now, but I believe it is in their FAQ section and has a ton of pictures and very nice descriptions of all the steps you should take on prepping a new firearm for its first outing. Some of the steps probably should be skipped unless you can see/feel rough spots.

Following those steps did help my gun to have fewer FTFs, but I still had some problems and finally decided to trade it in and get the smaller grip and HOPEFULLY get rid of the few problems I was having. As stated, I'll be back shortly to describe the results.

BTW, is the Taurus catalog/website just really out of date, or do they just still have pictures of older generation Millenniums? The pictures still show "PRO" after Millennium. Also, having not fired it yet, is the newest gen 745 DAO or is it DA/SA? I am prepared for either experience on the firing line, but the documentation is somewhat contradictory.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Texas shooter (and others)

I see you own many stainless. This is my first stainless (other than a Ruger Mk II .22). Any differences in maintenance you have found for SS vs. Blue?

To emphasize, on initial tear down of the firearm I found the SS version to be SIGNIFICANTLY better in terms of machine markings and roughness than my blue PT145. I don't know if that is just luck of the draw or if SS tends to machine better but I am thrilled by the appearance and feel of the SS PT745.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another question:

Any recommendations on a mag pouch for the PT745 (single stack).

I tried out a FOBUS holster yesterday and was very impressed with the feel and fit. Any other recommendations for both holsters and mag pouches are appreciated (Christmas is coming).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.