Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new OSS and it and the first outing, it feeds ball ammo fine 90% of the time. With DoubleTap Gold Dots though, it nosedives 90% of the time. All failures are nosedives. :-[

I'm positive it as simply undersprung in the mag, it feels way soft. I measured the initial force on my PT145 mags (3 lbs empty) which shoots everything from WWB to DoubleTap without missing a beat, and it was 2X that of the OSS (1.5 lbs empty).

I want to put stronger springs in the OSS Mags but Wolff doesn't show that they have any. Anybody have other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You might want to read this thread. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=7058.0;topicseen
It seems like the regular 24/7 mags, and some others fit it too.

Well you could contact Taurus, and see if they are aware of the problem, and ask them to replace the mags you have with stronger ones. It could be problem with a certain series of mags. If so you might have to mail them back before you get the new ones from them, or like in my case with a defective PT111 mag, they shipped me a replacement, and did not even ask for the old one back.

Taurus Customer Service number at 1-800-327-3776. ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts