Bruce Piatt
NRA National Action-Pistol Champion

Dwight Van Brunt
Vice President
Kimber

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Interesting.... I booked marked the site and am going to do a thorough read a little later.......

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Definitely some heavy hitters.

Ken Jorgenson was with S&W for many years before going to Ruger.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I will be emailing this info to some of the local ranges around my parts. Maybe get a few of them involved. Pretty good way for them to get some new range gear for providing some free coupons for range time or instruction as an affiliate.

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
Well, went ahead and purchased a 1 year membership. Only $25.00 Lets see what happens

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
I'm going to sticky this thread for about 30 days and will readdress it then great work. :)

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Well, went ahead and purchased a 1 year membership. Only $25.00 Lets see what happens
Ditto here. I've paid more for one bad meal at a good restuarant.:eek:

Reactions: brojohn

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
wanted too join up , but it says please check back due to overwhelming response---seems like a good thing!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
This is definitely worth looking into.

Thanks for the head's up.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Have you received anything from them as yet (besides payment confirmation)?? I haven't - just curious. I know the web site said they were jambed up and may take some time to respond.

·
Registered
235 Posts
wanted too join up , but it says please check back due to overwhelming response---seems like a good thing!!

I got the same message . . overwhelmed, eh? . . That IS a good thing. I hope they get their membership payment stuff in order, I will join asap also.

CD

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
Have you received anything from them as yet (besides payment confirmation)?? I haven't - just curious. I know the web site said they were jambed up and may take some time to respond.
Sorry, just saw this. In fact, other than the paypal confirmation of payment, no I haven't recieved anything yet. Will let it percolate a little longer. As you said, have paid more for a bad meal at a nice restaurant - a helluva lot more! As has been said, good sign that they are jammed! I ain't in no particular hurry anyway . . .

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Sorry, just saw this. In fact, other than the paypal confirmation of payment, no I haven't recieved anything yet. Will let it percolate a little longer. As you said, have paid more for a bad meal at a nice restaurant - a helluva lot more! As has been said, good sign that they are jammed! I ain't in no particular hurry anyway . . .
Thanks for the feedback. If & when I hear or get something, I'll post it here. I'm in no hurry either, just anxious to see it up and running.:thumb:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Received an enail this morning reading in part:

Everybody who DID sign up and pay with PayPal before we suspended new registrations IS locked in, and will receive their ACA membership info as soon as possible. With luck, within another week. The big companies that handle online payment/membership systems take their own sweet time getting things set up.

Incidentally, ACA will no longer be using PayPal (its policies are not appropriate for a citizen firearms organization). Credit card will be the standard system from now on.

Please bear with us.”

“Sorry for the delay. We were prepared for a few hundred contacts the first week, but not thousands.
Would appear PayPal is out and direct credit card is in.

Looking forward to their getting things sorted out and operational.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It looks like something that I'd be interested in. Hopefully their site will be able to accept new members again in the near future. Biggz:cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
Sorry to be late to the party again but I got mine as well. As the saying goes, we shall hurry up and wait and see . . .

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Sympathetic to their aims (pun intended) but why the heck did they incorporate, in of all places, Illinois?
Will wait to see when they get their act together. Wishing them luck.

I hope to see an effort to:
1. get more ranges developed across the country
2. recruit women and young adults into concealed carry and the politics of self-defense

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Not much progress made for past six weeks other than an email three weeks ago. The credit card has paid them. Hoping the 1-yr. membership fee doesn't turn into a six month - or worse yet - never. LOL

1 - 20 of 56 Posts