Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local gunshop has a used 24/7 OSS .45 for $299.95, history unknown (or not talking). I see where Bud'sGunShop.com has brand new ones for $327.00, plus shipping. I'm guessing that Taurus will not transfer any warranties to a second buyer. Thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The warranty is on the gun not the person. If you get it and there's something wrong you can send it in they will fix it. I would rather have the new one since the price is so close, but I guess it really don't matter. You will like the OSS I have 2 (my twins)

·
Registered
273 Posts
IMHO - for $27, get the new one.

But ... Buds shipping is slow, so if you want it faster, get the used one locally. I waited 2 weeks for mine from Buds, and I have heard it may be slower now, they are selling guns like crazy and got behind, for a while anyway.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Right, Buds shipping was a bit slow. I ordered the OSS Mon morning, the order status showed in shipping Mon afternoon but they didn't ship the gun out until Wed afternoon. Davidson's was much faster but Bud's prices are the best.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I would get the new one. If something happens and it needs repair within its first year you will be out nothing as they should cover all shipping. Plus, its new, what else can you say.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I also agree on the new one. Buds doesn't charge shipping but you will have to pay the FFL fee. If you buy from your LGS, you will have to pay tax. You need to consider these extras in the final costs.

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
For the little difference in price, buy the new one!!!

That said, I would not have any concerns buying a used 24/7 from any of the Gunshops I frequent. They make sure what they have for sale is in good working condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts