Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, new member from Texas. Just picked up a PT140 last night and have had a Model 65 .357 for a while. I love my .357, but so far not a fan of the PT140. Magazines, I cant get 10 rounds of federal .40 in there. I am pretty strong guy and that 10th round just doesnt want to go in. Got it home and took it apart, cleaned it all up and the damn spring wouldn't compress. Took me about 30 minutes to get it back in there. Will be taking it to the range tomorrow and I will see how it shoots. No problem with .357, PT140 Im on the fence about.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Load the mag full and let it set that way for a few days. This should help your situation.

Welcome from Jacksonville, FL.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome from PA.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Howdy neighbor! Welcome from Dallas!
The mag springs are all pretty stiff when new, if you can use the loader (or have access to an aftermarket one), do as suggested above and load that puppy up full, and let it sit for a couple of days. It will eventually get easier to load.

Reactions: CogarBoy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Salutations from the Number One Taurus Fan in the State of Mississippi!:icon_ rocker:

You will soon discover there are lots of friendly folks here, who love to talk about handguns, handloading, and even politics; and our moderation team does an excellent job of maintaining a pleasant atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Welcome from Houston!

I have a problem sometimes compressing the recoil spring on my PT609 which is very similiar. Try spinning it a little while you try to compress it. It works for me. On mine the problem is cause by the muzzle end of the recoil spring not being seated properly in it's recess in the slide. Spinning it a little gets it to fall in place.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from Ohio

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of
"1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

As for the magazines. Load and unload then alot (the funnest way is to actually shoot with them, :) but by hand will work too) that will loosen them up quite a bit. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Hello and welcome to the best forum on the net, from Wilmington, NC!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts