Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house 2 doors down went vacant at the end of November and is already reoccupied at the first of the month.
Took them about 2 weeks to get their stuff moved in.
I had noticed on the windshield of his motorcycle there were stickers that looked like Military Base registration.
Also a BIG pickup and a car.
Yesterday he put up a Marine Flag, today he also has a Navy Flag flying from the front porch.
Not to be outdone, I put up my Air Force Flag by the road next to my U.S. Flag.
SN850185.JPG

I'll have to walk over sometime and say howdy, and see if he has guns!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Thank God he didn't come over in satin sweats with his poodle in tow to borrow some tofu...;)
Amen ta that there.

I wish sometimes I had different neighbors.

I reckon ta have good neighbors one must 1st be a good neighbor.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
God has blessed me with good neighbors. The statement about being a good neighbor is true. It is nice in this day and time to know your neighbors watch your place when you are gone. Ask how things are going when they see you, and mean it. Are quick to help when you need a hand. All the things people did when we were kids. I thank God for good neighbors, I have all of the other kind in years past I ever want to deal with. I will be glad to do anything I can for the ones I have now.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I sounds like they may be the type of neighbors I would like to have. Good luck with them and get on over and introduce yourself. A casserole or cookies would be nice also.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I have one also - about half-mile down the road. He has three flagpoles in his front yard - Marine flag, POW flag, and American flag. He still dresses as active duty, and is in better shape than most active duty military - even at 67 yrs old. Heck of a nice guy, but sure wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Good neighbors are a treasure to have.

Armd2DaTeeth you are absolutely correct about to have good neighbors you 1st have to be one, and I try to always be one, but there is a limit in that I refuse to lay down and let somebody walk all over me. That kind of neighbor I don't need!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats. The house beside me has been for sale since late September Although it's overpriced I hope to get some decent neighbors when someone does buy it. Otherwise I'll put a sale sign on my house. I was planning on waiting a couple years, but if push comes to shove...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

I reckon ta have good neighbors one must 1st be a good neighbor.
Yep, the Good Book teaches that "for a man to have friends, he must show himself friendly."

Reactions: Harrychl

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I have one also - about half-mile down the road. He has three flagpoles in his front yard - Marine flag, POW flag, and American flag. He still dresses as active duty, and is in better shape than most active duty military - even at 67 yrs old. Heck of a nice guy, but sure wouldn't want to be on his bad side.
Does he drive a Green Gran Torino?

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts

·
17,575 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
I'm lucky to have good neighbors I have a rental on the left that has had good people the last 3 times its been rented and everyone else has been around awhile. I house watch for many for free. Most of us trust each other with keys to our house in case of a lockout or emergency. The house across the street has been on the market for ever. He painted it a ugly brown and can't sell it. Which is kinda bad as he has lowered the price so much its going to effect the value of our houses. Its nice to live where everyone knows your name! :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I sounds like they may be the type of neighbors I would like to have. Good luck with them and get on over and introduce yourself. A casserole or cookies would be nice also.
With little air force flags on toothpicks.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
My neighbors consist of Deer, Turkey, n coyotes, it is nice having eddible and shootable neighbors !!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have neighbors that are college kids and for awhile it was a ton of parties during the week, music though walls *live in an apartment* and all kinds of crap. One morning as I'm leaving for the range one of them asks whats in the black bag...about 500 rounds of ammo and 4 pistols. I haven't had any problems with them since!

Reactions: bubblehead

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I wish I had some rivalry. I am the only person that have an American flag up in the whole neighborhood. I also have a POW flag up, I need to find my Army flag.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Or a box of ammo. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts