Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have or at least held one of the new model 85's with the new grips. have not been able to actually put my hands on one at a lgs but they look to be a little fatter which fills the hands a little more.

·
Registered
759 Posts
You mean this style? Just picked up my M85 two weeks ago and these are the grips it came with. Very comfortable......

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Stainless Ultralite with the new grips. They're extremely comfortable to shoot with, and they look friggin' sweet. They do grab clothes though, so I replaced them with wood grips for carry.

Be advised that according to Taurus, removing the new grips voids the warranty and could damage the frame of the gun. You can still get wood grips on there, but it's a pain in the ass.
cropped side view.JPG 20151009_200641.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
So let me get this straight, if I buy wood replacement grips FROM Taurus and have them install by a Taurus dealer, my warranty is voided???

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
So let me get this straight, if I buy wood replacement grips FROM Taurus and have them install by a Taurus dealer, my warranty is voided???
Just hang on to the old grips, and put them back on if you ever need to send the revolver in for service.

·
22,292 Posts
I've held the new bull grips. They feel really good to me.

Reactions: lapetrarca53
1 - 13 of 13 Posts