Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my model 66 stainless 6" today. Couldn't wait to go to the range so stopped on a country road on the way home. Shot at a block of wood at roughly 10 - 15 yards. Missed the first three shots but when I started hitting I couldn't miss. I like this gun feels good shoots good. Can't wait to go to the range for the real test.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Congrats!!! I have two 669's and I enjoy them more and more as time goes on. Hope you get great service out of yours!!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Metalhead ...what does this gun look like...lets see some pics :)
sounds like you are pretty happy...congrats

·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
The 66 is about as good as a medium frame .357 gets in MHO. Congrats!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm hoping to find one of those under my Christmas tree this year. I don't have a Taurus yet but am seriously considering a few revolver models. I guess this puts me in the Extreme Newb catagory. I do have Rugers, Glocks, Marlins, and a Winchester 94 I snagged NIB before they went away.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
Something tells me the 94 Winchester will be back, but that's another subject. :D

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Ok..metalhead...niccee :drool:

what is the difference between it and a Tracker :rolleyes:

[quoteI don't have a Taurus yet but am seriously considering a few revolver models.][/quote]

Crazy Ed ..check out the revolver section in the gallery..when you are done you will be so confused you will go buy a blow-gun..he he :D
All those guns are nice

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the tracker is a small frame and the 66 is medium frame. And the tracker has a heavier barrel. I'm not 100% sure about the heavier barrel but the 22 tracker I'm looking at has a heavy barrel.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The Tracker is called a Compact frame, which is actually a medium sized frame but a different actual frame from Taurus's Medium frame which is used for the M66 and M65 (and possibly others).

I know, its confusing as I think Taurus has 5 different frames: Small Frame, Compact/Tracker Frame, Medium Frame, Large Frame, Raging Bull Frame.

Steelheart

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Nice collection Metalhead, thanks for taking the time to share the revolver eye-candy. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to the range yesterday. Had to do a little adjustment on the sight. I like the gun a lot. At 15 yards I did pretty good. (for me) But out at 25 yards things start getting a little blurry. But I think I did ok for the first time out. The only problem I seem to notice was the trigger. The trigger pull was fine but the trigger return seem rough like it was catching. But besides that the 66 shot great. Here's a couple of the targets at 15 and 25 yards

·
Registered
158 Posts
The M66 is a fantastic wheel gun. I bought the SS with a 4" barrel (7 shot), and think the accuracy is great even for my beginner's technique. The adjustable rear sight was a plus too, since it's not a carry gun for me anyway. Only mod was a replacement rubber grip from Hogue--I prefer the more defined finger grip like the S&W's rubber grips.

A great revolver that's a ton of fun at the range! ;D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got a question...about how much did this run you? I am looking into the Model 66, as I have alot of left over .357 ammunition from when my grandfather died, but no .357 to shoot it with, so the only logical solution I could come up with is to get a .357 revolver, plus it would make a great sidearm for hunting. I was looking at one in my local gun shop and want to know what is a good price for it.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I paid $375 at my local gun dealer. Don't know if that's a good price or not but they're good people to do business with. I see you have a 73 Duster. I had one but it just had a 318 in it. Loved that car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.