Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New Military weapon

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  reloader64 
#1 ·
Raytheon Corporation has announced a new laser guided missile designed to be fired from either the M320 grenade launcher system, or from the EGLM (Enhanced Grenade Launching Module). Standard 40mm grenade rounds are accurate to about 150 yards. The new Pike missile scored two hits in two shots at 2,300 yards.

Animation Propeller Screenshot

40mm guided rocket fired from rifle-mounted grenade launcher -

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I wonder what the variants in warhead there is. Like concussion, shrapnel or anti-personnel, and etc... And is the laser mounted on the launcher itself control by the person who fired it or a separate individual off to the side under camo where the person who fired it can duck and cover after it is fired.

Reactions: john_bud
#3 ·
I wonder what the variants in warhead there is. Like concussion, shrapnel or anti-personnel, and etc...
One article I read said it would take out light armored vehicles and troops behind walls, etc. They'll probably have a lot of variants.

Reactions: mjadams61
#12 ·
Told you not to get a caplock!:p

#8 ·
I'm proud to be an American.....

#15 ·
Did I see a Stark Industries logo on the side?

#10 ·
Looks interesting to me. In fact I've heard of a bunch of neat stuff now that we don't fight any wars anymore. Kind of puzzling!!!

#14 ·
It is simply not fair! Soldiers today have all the fun!

We had an M16, a steel pot, and C Rations. On the other hand we did have malaria pills, sexually transmitted desease films, and MPC!

I guess it wasn't all bad! Heheheheeeee....

Don

#18 ·
2 weeks after we sell some to the Israelis, they will have one for it. lol

It would be cool if it was a fire-and-forget or programmable for GPS coordinates . Maybe have a Small drone with laser designator for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.